Mini Cooper ‘67 Monte Carlo

RichRod

Nov 19, 2022
Mifflinburg, PA
The roof has been eating at me, I just could not let it go. I had some time today, printed another sheet and took another shot at shaping it. I took Zathros’ advice and made my own tabs instead of the ones in the template and used these to glue it in after surgically removing the first janky roof. Much better, I think.

zLnrwU8h.jpg

Ff80BZSh.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Thr roof looks as good as you're going to be able to get it. The compound curves can only be added by one method, and that's by formering it with moisture, using a wer sppong, over a shape that matches one one you want. We call that water forming. It's a pain in the but, usually reserved for very technical models, or for people who have the time. The way you would make the "buck" for the corners of the roof is by using 2 part expoxy, and forming the shape with your hands. The would be the negative and you would moidten the corner, and gentle press it over than edge till it takes the shape, and let it dry completely before you pop it off. Yours looks great. :)

RichRod

Nov 19, 2022
Mifflinburg, PA
Thanks.

Well, finding myself a bit stuck. I’m nearly positive that when I first looked at the instructions for this model that I could view all 12 of the graphic instruction pages. The Japanese written instructions are all Greek to me. Anyway, when I look at this link:

http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kamaboko/1_30model/pg19.html

now, I can only see the first 4 pages of the pictorial instructions. The rest are just blank. I’ve tried numerous browsers on iphone, iPads, Mac and PC. Same deal. I may just have to wing it and try to continue on, using the few finished model pics here:

and the actual car pics I took to guide me. Wish me luck.:violin: :eek::drinksmile::headbange:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Go to this link below) for the standard Mini. This has the instructions to build the chassis. You'll be able to figure out where the rest of the parts go by how they fit, and a little bit of thinking. I just checked like 20 models, and that is the only page missing instructions. Makes me think the page isn't being upkept, which is kind of scary, as paper models tend to disappear from the web, never to be see again.

Link = http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kamaboko/1_30model/pg20.html

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
You will find your way take your time and it will oay back in a nice looking mini.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
The roof looks great! :)

I have taken a look at the instruction pictures. There are 9 in total and they all open fine for me. Some need a bit time to load though. I have taken some screenshots and will post a PDF later. :)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Just FYI, lappie doesn't show the pictures, phone does. Very strange but at least I have all the info needed to compile a file. ;)

• Love
Reactions: RichRod and mijob

OldMiner

Jun 12, 2016
Nevada
I have always wanted a Mini Cooper and this discussion/build has encouraged me to have a little one.

So, I captured all the instructions for the rally version and the other version AND included the rally plans as well as the regular (red) version plus roof rack In one PDF. I can upload it if needed. 3.6 megs I think.
After reviewing the thread, I captured the pics of the original car and included those also. Now 4.2 meg file.

Last edited:
Reactions: mijob

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
I have always wanted a Mini Cooper and this discussion/build has encouraged me to have a little one.

So, I captured all the instructions for the rally version and the other version AND included the rally plans as well as the regular (red) version plus roof rack In one PDF. I can upload it if needed. 3.6 megs I think.
After reviewing the thread, I captured the pics of the original car and included those also. Now 4.2 meg file.
Looking forward to see your building thread.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Now 4.2 meg file.
3.6megs.JPG

4.2 Megs. Confirmed.

brody.jpg

"We need a bigger forum!"

:animated::animated:

Alright, here it is. :)

Much to my surprise the images which are displayed on the lappie are different from the ones seen on the phone. I have added everything to the file to have all information available. The pictures with the green frame are from the phone and are complete, the red ones are from the laptop and stop at step 4. :)

The Japanese can be translated easily using the google translator app on your phone. ;)

Attachments

• MiniCooper-ai.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 6