Metal Earth Models of the Star Wars Universe

starbuck

Next in line.....Tie Fighter. I think I mentioned that some of the models caused me problems, which I was able to solve, but nevertheless problems.
The Tie Fighter is a class of its own. Most tricky so far if I remember right. Buton the other side a very detailed model.
And the rest of the finalized Star Wars stuff.

As mentioned fun doing, but very little parts. So a tweezer is needed to get good results.

Attachments

• IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Amazing! I love the "group" shots, very nice. I finished Vader's TIE a while back, just haven't got round to photos :headbange::headbange::headbange::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:But, the cockpit was the most tricky part.

starbuck

;)Also for the Tie Fighter the cockpit was the most tricky part, but also the small parts on the connection between cockpit and the wings were challenging.
I have to state that I like these metal models, as they have pretty much detail, and they are some kind of special in their view. Furthermore the assemgling is challanging, what I like. (Sometimes during the building I got frantic:headbange: if things did not work like it was planned - but I put it aside and on the next day it worked:wink:.

starbuck

Update for Metal Earth Models: beside the classic models the first models which are coloured are out. They are available in easterns shops and for sure more expensive than the uncoloured models.

Nevertheless my plan to colour my models still exists. It is only a question of time..... but now with the new models out, this project will get a higher priority;)

Attachments

• metearthcolored1.PNG
    metearthcolored1.PNG
    192.6 KB · Views: 17
  • metearthcolored2.PNG
    metearthcolored2.PNG
    107.9 KB · Views: 18
  • metearthcolored3.PNG
    metearthcolored3.PNG
    186.6 KB · Views: 17
  • metearthcolored4.PNG
    metearthcolored4.PNG
    218.7 KB · Views: 16

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! I did not know that there were coloured versions available. However, I prefer the metallic look. But it should not be too difficult to paint them yourself. :)

starbuck

Wow! I did not know that there were coloured versions available. However, I prefer the metallic look. But it should not be too difficult to paint them yourself. :)
I already made a test with the colours of Revell, and it worked. I´ve planned to paint at least the r2-d2, but based on too many things to do, I did not start yet. By painting I did not plan to paint the whole figure, to ensure the metallic look - witch makes the models unique - will not disappear.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The paint really makes them look incredible. Excellent craftsmanship! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I've seen some Nail Polish that might be perfect, and that stuff comes in every shade possible! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
O.K., these things are NOT easy to make, unless you have Piano fingers. I am building a dirigible, and , well, let's just say the instructions weren't, aren't that helpful, and I thing I will be putting a dab of crazy glue on the joints as I go along, because as I get to certain stages, the whole thing then falls apart. I imagine there are different qualities of these things. This was a gift from an in-law, now I think they were trying to get back at me for something. . My respect for the myriads of talent you have displayed here Starbuck has earned you much respect from me, and many others, I am sure.

On another completely different note, I just found out my Cameo Silhouette paper cutting machine will cut these tin models. I could see tin parts as incredible accessories for the paper models we make.

I really like that Snow Speeder a lot!! :)

starbuck

@ Zathros, thx for the cheering words. You are right, not all parts are easy to create or to put in place. @ instructions: From my experience they are good, but......you have to follow them exactly. Some parts look same, but are not - a mistake here and it might ruin the model. Also I experienced that it is important to follow the proposed chronology and to check exactly which is the upper and the lower side of the part to avoid wrong folding and in a worst case a break of the part. I also had to use glue - 2 parts broke during folding.

To connect the parts tight I found out that the best way is to twist the flaps ;-)

To combine tin parts with paper models - what a great idea. Please show pictures if you will find time to do so.

Good luck with your dirigible.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
My Dirigible looks like it crashed, after my wife dropped a wad of papers on it. I don't know it if is salvageable, but could make a neat diorama!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@starbuck You are doing a FANTASTIC JOB on these projects! I received a few of them as "stocking stuffer" gifts. Once I finish the projects that I am currently working on (and a few others that I have in the queue), I will try my hand at them. I do wish that they made Battlestar Galactica ones.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! I look forward to seeing more!!!

starbuck

But as long as BSG stuff is not available I will enlarge my Star Wars world. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2080.JPG
    IMG_2080.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8