M4A4 Sherman VC Firefly, Halinski 1:25

snake7

micahrogeres, Revell-Fun, zathros and Boris - thank you!

And now we're talking hardcore!
Pedals and levers mechanism.
I'm seriously considering to apply to guild of jewelers ;)

Lower plate with two pedals - accelerator and clutch and
two steering levers.
Clutch pedal with spring and also will be attached to mechanism, that disconnects drive shaft from gearbox.
Spring was made from 0.2 mm solder wire wrapped on a needle.
I intentionally collected all the details on notes page, so it will not get lost :D

PzgUUY.jpg

StstJI.jpg

qs1Qf5.jpg

wPDntJ.jpg

W1bnMO.jpg

Steering levers. Each one will be Later attached to steering brake, with connecting road.
Little stoppers near assembled levers remind unglued until i will place levers on leading bows.

OP2e6L.jpg

n6Oa9X.jpg

j2PKvH.jpg

pMg3Gf.jpg

And levers connected to lower plate with pin

BQsDX7.jpg

MWeybw.jpg

D5FjR2.jpg

To be continued...

Boris

That's crazy. Snake, I think you should conduct a master class on cutting and assembling.
But I have a philosophical question. Assuming there are 500 prints of this model ( if I am not wrong, 500 is the minimum amount for offset print), how many models will be built with such level of details? Well, I guess, this question becomes rhetoric now...

snake7

That's crazy. Snake, I think you should conduct a master class on cutting and assembling.
But I have a philosophical question. Assuming there are 500 prints of this model ( if I am not wrong, 500 is the minimum amount for offset print), how many models will be built with such level of details? Well, I guess, this question becomes rhetoric now...

Well. i know at least about 4 completed models. And those only ones that decided to post their build on internet.

snake7

This whole unit is so detailed, that needs a lot of patience and attention. But
the build is a joy and also the final result is super satisfying!

Upper deck. I decided to glue parts on demand and not as completed unit, as shown on drawings. Otherwise steering levers would interfere.
So first of all, i attached upper deck itself and then all other details.
Tried to take a lot of pictures for future reference

fQWaIe.jpg

MGok0H.jpg

Ak2efy.jpg

3U61hK.jpg

mxaRlJ.jpg

KyHiQZ.jpg

Next is mechanism that transfers momentum from clutch pedal to disconnect driveshaft from engine.
Here i assembled whole unit and then placed inside. The only issue was how much offset to take from supportings, when gluing the rod. Did it by eye.

XM7qoU.jpg

zlinaP.jpg

01eGSl.jpg

YSIOIs.jpg

And everything placed inside. Also connected rods from steering levers and clutch pedal. It was very tight process, but with hardly any issues. Just remember not to sneeze or breathe :-D

lGTxmL.jpg

AnCNru.jpg

9uF795.jpg

Rgv61B.jpg

To be continued (driver's chair)...

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I think I am going to make this, Poof!, it's made. That happens with everything you have posted, perfect miniatures of the big thing. Unreal!! :)

snake7

Thank you Boris, Rhaven Blaack and Zathros!

I think I am going to make this, Poof!, it's made. That happens with everything you have posted, perfect miniatures of the big thing. Unreal!! :)

I am excited myself with this level of details.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You should be, and also, be very proud. You should be very proud. we are thankful that you have taken us through the building journey, interacted with every question asked. Honestly, this thread is representative of the best of build threads that you and others on this forum are making that make people like myself feel like we are part of the process, and appreciate the time you take to share and explain what you do. Thanks You!!:)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
You should be, and also, be very proud. You should be very proud. we are thankful that you have taken us through the building journey, interacted with every question asked. Honestly, this thread is representative of the best of build threads that you and others on this forum are making that make people like myself feel like we are part of the process, and appreciate the time you take to share and explain what you do. Thanks You!!:)
Too true @zathros this build thread, if not already a "sticky" needs to be on. I can't wait to see a new post with build pics, and I am not an Armour fan.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I made this thread a "STICKY" a long time ago. :)

snake7

You really start to believe that designer of this model was serious,
when one chair consists of 24 parts ;)

akDwBI.jpg

zrLnnF.jpg

5upgHW.jpg

m7XVIt.jpg

01lyrc.jpg

0UGHup.jpg

RTzzxR.jpg

You can clearly see pneumatic height adjustment mechanism.
I assume it is for drivers convenience, when he drove the thank through open hatch. Correct me if i wrong.

Driver's spot is ready and so the floor of fighting compartment.
Next shelves.
Stay tuned!