Large Star Wars Freighters (for the XW Miniatures Game)

Millenniumfalsehood

Hey y'all, long time, no post. :wink:

I've been quietly working on many different projects and have recently turned back to working on paper model development. The Imperial ships aren't done yet, I know, but I wanted to get this project started since I needed some freighters for my little Rebel fleet to raid. :mrgreen:

So I started unfolding some of the civilian designs from the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project, starting with the two most common designs: the Bulk Freighter and the Container Transport:

BulkFreighterDevelopment_zps235dc5b2.png

ContainerTransportDevelopment_zps04b85adb.png

They'll be uploaded ASAP to the downloads section. :thumb:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
These look GREAT!!!
They look like they will be easy to GREEBLE out.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THESE WITH US!!!

William1105

From looking through the comments and projects from that BoardGameGeek link I posted in your other thread, it looks like a lot of people really want to get those Storm Trooper DX-9 transports into their games....I wonder if those might be part of your master plan as well....:eek:ops:

William1105

Sweet!

I actually bought a copy of the X-Wing game for a friend's birthday...I'll get some of these built and take some pictures in use.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I found two other cool Imperial craft:

A drop ship I saw on First Strike Forum and the Gamma Class ATR-6 Assault Transport from Grand Admiral Zaarin on star-wars-wiki.

I don't know if these has been turned into papercrafts but they look awesome. :thumb:

Attachments

• Imperial_dropship_transport.jpg
    Imperial_dropship_transport.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 33
  • XWA-ATR6-3d-new.jpg
    XWA-ATR6-3d-new.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 36

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I found two other cool Imperial craft:

A drop ship I saw on First Strike Forum:

Imperial_dropship_transport.jpg

and the Gamma Class ATR-6 Assault Transport from Grand Admiral Zaarin on hyper-stream.org:

Assault-Transport.jpg

I don't know if these has been turned into papercrafts but they look awesome. :thumb:

And some more eye-candy: The Imperial Vigil class Corvette:

640px-Vigil-class_corvette_%28Fractalsponge%29.jpg

Fractalsponge has made an excellent 3d model of it but I fear it is too detailed to be used for papercrafting.

The pics in these posts did not show up.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Really? They do show up for me... Anybody else not seeing them?

--> EDIT: Problem solved. (I hope :mrgreen: !)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I am sorry my friend, but all I see are just little boxes with an "X" in each one.

dnalor

i think that is because your a member of that forum where the pictures are on..
I tried a simular thing to copy my threads here at zealot to my site..
i saw everything correct but when not logged in at zealot you saw no pictures....

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
i think that is because your a member of that forum where the pictures are on..
I tried a simular thing to copy my threads here at zealot to my site..
i saw everything correct but when not logged in at zealot you saw no pictures....
Negative, I'm not a member of the forum in question. Maybe it's the browser or some cookie that allows me to see the pics. Anyway, I have added the pics to the posts and a link to more of fractalsponge's creation. I think the problem is solved. Thanks for notifying! :thumb:

Millenniumfalsehood

The problem is in you guys' browsers. I'm able to see them just fine, and this is on a computer at work where gaming sites are banned.

I'll have to work on that ATR. I also want to do the more detailed version of the Delta-class DX9 Stormtrooper Transport. It was an insanely common little ship in the game, and is a pretty cool design to boot.

But that will be in another thread. I'll be posting my freighters in here.

Speaking of which, I'm currently about half-finished with the Modular Conveyor. It's going slow because there were a lot of isolated panels in the model, and I dunno how to correct them, so I'm just carefully alligning them with neighboring panels. I'm sort of disappointed that the model I'm using lacks any gun turrets. The ship used to have three turbolaser turrets on the bridge.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll have to work on that ATR. I also want to do the more detailed version of the Delta-class DX9 Stormtrooper Transport. It was an insanely common little ship in the game, and is a pretty cool design to boot.

But that will be in another thread. I'll be posting my freighters in here.
Thanks a lot! :thumb:

Sorry for posting the other models but I thought they looked very cool and didn't want them to be missed out. You are doing a phenomenal job on all these models, Millenniumfalsehood! :cool: