Large Rolls-Royce Wraith.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I really hope everything goes as well as you hope for! Family is the best thing to be around during these trials, so it is good to step back and just enjoy your time with them! Prayers and well-wishes are pouring out for you and your family!

xaero892

Mad Modeller
I've been recently toying with the idea of changing the interior colours to complement the exterior.

I was thinking of white or black seats with purple details. Also purple carpeting and a black and white dashboard with purple highlights and detailing.

Similar to these.... but different colours.

6ea510e68fc12063d7122145079960e1.jpgNew-2019-Rolls-Royce-Wraith.jpge2b785503fccab5c11cd7fd01b717056.jpg69e11259aa61656140cb9ad83900bb34.jpg

As you can see, the interior can be any colours in any design imaginable.

I have played around with the pdf files in photoshop this morning and although it is an easy job, it is a fairly time consuming one.

I think a colour matched interior would look better than beige/tan, what do you guys think?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I think you are corect. Biege on everything can be a bit much, of course then that depends on the color of the car, and the shade of Biege. Ultimately, do what is easiest for you. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You and your son and family are in my prayers. May blessings shower you. ;)

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Been playing around with colours for the interior.
I found a way in photoshop to select which parts I want to colour and only do those bits. That will make it easier when doing multiple colours on one part.

I think the purple needs to be darker but on the whole it looks ok.

20191205_145845.jpg20191205_150140.jpg20191205_150255.jpg20191205_150345.jpg

One problem I need to work out is that when I save it, photoshop creates a new file instead of saving it back to the original pdf.

Also, I might be getting a cutting machine soon which will hopefully give nice crisp cut lines.

Gandolf50

Staff member
Looks GREAT!
Heh, Holler when you get ready to use your cutter...I got tips for you as I have one and have used one many times!

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Been playing around with colours for the interior.
I found a way in photoshop to select which parts I want to colour and only do those bits. That will make it easier when doing multiple colours on one part.

I think the purple needs to be darker but on the whole it looks ok.

View attachment 179392View attachment 179393View attachment 179394View attachment 179395

One problem I need to work out is that when I save it, photoshop creates a new file instead of saving it back to the original pdf.

Also, I might be getting a cutting machine soon which will hopefully give nice crisp cut lines.
When I'm working on my action figure displays I usually do my recolors by placing a layer over the original parts page, select the parts on that original layer, then click on the new recolor layer and fill with the new color. You can then change the "Normal" fill on the layer fill area to different selections to change the color below like "Color" "Overlay" "Lighten" "Darken" etc.

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Hi everyone.

Sorry I've been quiet recently, things have been very busy in my life.

I have a little treat for you all next week.

I shall be in possession of a Rolls-Royce Cullinan for Tuesday evening and I shall try to post a few detail pictures on Wednesday.

Regarding building the model, I promise I shall start it as soon as I have some spare time to start. Everything else is ready to go.

Gandolf50

Staff member
Shame there aren't Drive-in Movies anymore...those seats are perfect!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
When I put a sheet on the side of my motorhome, and set up my LCD Projector at 200" inches, there are many people watching. I have some really full sound speakers, and have never had a complaint. ;)

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Hi everybody, I hope you are all keeping yourselves safe and well.

Sorry for not posting in such a long time, family matters coming first and all that. For the record, my son is doing very well. He has a cell top up soon but things are steadily progressing in the right direction.

I still have to purchase a cutting machine, but it is looking hopeful that I can get one in the near future. I was hoping there would be a summer sale with one in at some point but to no avail.

I have secured myself an airbrush from a friend to use for painting the bodywork and I have been working on adding a few extra details to the model.

Thanks very much for all your patience in these difficult times.