Large Rolls-Royce Wraith.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I join with all here on Zealot to wish your son a speedy recovery, and peace of mind for you and yours!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
We are all putting our positive energy whether that be prayers or intent, wishing the absolute best for your family. :)

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Made a start on the outer walls of the engine bay over the last few days.

20190509_103124.jpg

I'm also going to modify the bonnet catch area a bit to have a working example.

20190509_103257.jpg

I have multiple versions of the engine bay to allow for easy access to various parts and because there are intersecting parts on it that have been fixed for me by @Gandolf50.

I'm using this version to get the outer shell, another one for some of the main structure and the modified one for the rest of the structure and the details.

If all works out I shall combine the 3 templates into 1 pdf file.

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is some phenomenal work. I'm sorry to hear about your son. I wish you all the best of luck and hope that all goes well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:King:

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Ok, I found another file containing the lights and dials. Dont want to be forgetting those.

I've sorted the parts for the right hand headlight this morning.
I'm considering putting leds in and lighting them up, 12 small ones for the running lights and 1 large one for the main light on each side.
I would print the required parts on reflective card too.
Then there are fog lights and indicators and all the tail-lights too.
(I refuse to put 1400 in for the starlight headliner although if I could find a sheet that lit up instead I might consider it.)

Do any of you guys have any experience with this kind of lighting and could offer advice?
I was thinking of getting a raspberry pi to program the sequence for indicators and stuff.

Thanks.

20190521_103733.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
This will be one of those life achievement "Oh my God!" models. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Ok, I found another file containing the lights and dials. Dont want to be forgetting those.

I've sorted the parts for the right hand headlight this morning.
I'm considering putting leds in and lighting them up, 12 small ones for the running lights and 1 large one for the main light on each side.
I would print the required parts on reflective card too.
Then there are fog lights and indicators and all the tail-lights too.
(I refuse to put 1400 in for the starlight headliner although if I could find a sheet that lit up instead I might consider it.)

Do any of you guys have any experience with this kind of lighting and could offer advice?
I was thinking of getting a raspberry pi to program the sequence for indicators and stuff.

Thanks.

View attachment 171851

https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/traffic-lights-python

xaero892

Mad Modeller
I've just been working out the size of the model and it turns out it's between 1:4 and 1:5 leaning slightly more towards 1:4 scale. Fairly large then. Looks like it will just about fit on the bonnet of the real car.

I just have to find the time to finish the engine templates and then I can begin printing parts.

I can't wait! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Bigger is better with models with detail like this. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It's currently at 193 sheets total, but that's not including the engine. I'm still working on that. :Coffee:
193 sheet, so far, and you still have the engine to go. WOW! That is almost a complete ream of paper. By the time that you are finished, you might be at two reams.

xaero892

Mad Modeller
Well it looks like I might have to build 2 engines. "They" want to display one next to the model.

Luckily I now have some proper pictures of an unobstructed engine so I can see what goes where better than before.

Looks like I'll have to scratch build some of it. That'll be fun.

Behold the mighty Rolls-Royce 6.75 litre bi-turbo V12.

543392.jpg 543399.jpg 543402.jpg 543396.jpg 543400.jpg 543397.jpg