"khaaaaan!" The Wrath of Khan - A mini face-off!

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Right, carrying on with the Reliant, and I got cocky! With the bridge assembled exactly the same as the Enterprise, I stuck it down to the top insert saucer section.

Well DON'T do that - I only noticed it was not supposed to be attached there, just as the glue was setting up, thankfully I had used UHU instead of my Roket glue, otherwise it would have ripped the part to bits!
Easy clean up on the parts and tragedy avoided.

2r.jpg

With the weakness spotted after the fact on the Enterprise, I decided to add a spiral of card into the top of the saucer, hopefully giving it some stiffness.
1r.jpg

As per the Enterprise's saucer section the top half of the saucer fitted exactly into place, tighter than a Dairylea box!
3r.jpg

5r.jpg

With the cheese eaten, the upper part of the saucer was added - note how the back section comes over the saucer, something you couldn't do if some idiot had glued the bridge on first!
7r.jpg

Part 10 attaches to the rear of the saucer and 11 goes right from the bridge section and flows over the back.
4r.jpg

Rear of part 11 fits neatly over the back.
8r.jpg

Part 10 nestles underneath and 11 was glued down on to it.
9r.jpg

12 and 13 are some hull greeblies - most of the tabs on these small parts were cut-away as the hindered rather than helped.
6r.jpg

Top mounted greeble action! With bridge finally put into position.
10r.jpg

Bottom greeble "oooohhhhh, lovely!"
19r.jpg

The side were feeling left out, so they had their turn for some add-ons.
11r.jpg
13r.jpg

The Hull now complete - the next thrilling installment will be the nacelles, bet you can't wait!?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Great job! Nice to see you going with the time. In the past it was "elbow grease", now it's "English cheese". ;)

Add some "happy trees" and everything should be fine.

bob-ross-1.jpg

:animated:

Last edited:

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Nacelle is a neat word. Watching…
It is, we'll make it word of the day ;)
This is really coming together nicely!
Thank you
Nice work and great pics!
Appreciated, I have started to use the camera on my phone for the last couple of weeks, better focus
Great job! Nice to see you going with the time. In the past it was"elbow grease", now it's "English cheese". ;)

Add some "happy trees" and everything should be fine.

View attachment 209506

:animated:
Bob had "happy trees" I'll stick to the 'Happy cheese!' He must have been part of the Hair Bear Bunch?

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
This looks realy great, I see more greebling opportunity.
There's always time for 'MORE' but not on these, they will be going to a better place to be loved and cherished as they are - I have an old Ertl kit which will become my display model - when I get around to buying some lights, and building it, and having somewhere to put it...etc, etc, etc

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Well, finally we get round to finishing this post off with some assembly of the upper arch and the nacelles.

The nacelles were just a carbon copy of the Enterprise's, so if you need to see how they were made just go back a few steps.

20230116_193626.jpg
20230116_193639.jpg
20230116_193713.jpg
20230116_194740.jpg
20230116_193732.jpg

Final three shots are all I can find - the finished ship was sent to a friend

20230116_201423.jpg20230116_201438.jpg
20230116_201453.jpg

The Reliant was a fun build, especially when its one of my personal favourites - slightly disappointed there wasn't more 'meat' to the model, but it was supposed to half the size I've made this one.

Both the Enterprise & Reliant went off to my good friend who loves them, he's posted some 'shorts' on his Instagram, and did unbox them on his YouTube channel

You can check them out here if you want - the Enterprise almost made it without bending... :)