Just something I want to share

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
My sister, my closest family member, has had this heart problem for a long time. It was misdiagnosed when she was very little, but turned out to be a genetic defect called "PPH" (Primary Pulmonary Hypertension) When my father died, a couple of years after, my Mom remarried and had my sister. This man carried the gene. Her two brothers and sister from that side of the family all died before they hit 30. My sister is the longest living person in the U.S. with this condition. Time caught up, they weren't sure she'd survive the transplant. She went on an excercise regime at the hospital. She's so strong, she met all the requirements in 3 weeks, and was put on top of the list at Duke, North Carolina.

I didn't want to post anything about it, she has a YouTube Go Fund me page. She has testified in front of Congress so much, and knows so many cardiologists, the medical community has donated a large part that she had to come up with for the transplant, the transplant itself was $1.2 million. She had to come up with $30K in her bank account before they would continue (that part just seems so f*cked up to me.......O.K., no ranting). In the last 5 weeks, 3 times they called her in for a complete Heart and Lungs transplant, only to have the lungs fail, at one time, just as they were about to start with the surgery.

Well, she had the transplant 6 days ago, the 4th time was the one, some generous person who donated their organs in the event of an untimely passing, leaving her Heart and Lungs to my Sister. My sister is doing absolutely fantastic! She looks like her skin is glowing, and they are talking about discharging her next week. Many many follow up visits, but she lives 2 blocks from the hospital (part of the transplant rules), she has to live their for at least 6 months, and have a full time helper).

So I just wanted to let you guys know that I've been really distracted and a nervous wreck, which is why for the last few months I've been posting so little. God is good. I have faith on her continued recovery, but with this kind of surgery, you have to be happy for every single day. :)

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Well fingers crossed to a full recovery from the generosity of others.

Strangely there has been a lot of coverage this week regarding transplants and our local news reported on a man who met the family of the son who's heart he now has...

Live is full of complications and highs and lows, I'm sure your sister was top priority on you list and may she flourish

All the best for her from my partner Bernadette and myself

Reactions: zathros

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I am glad that the surgery went well. I hope that your sister makes a strong and speedy recovery, and lives a very long and prosperous live.

Reactions: zathros