HMS Repulse From GreMir

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Padre

Hand cut, I found a jpg on the web and copied it. Print on thick paper and start cutting with new blade. Color as needed. 1-250 scale so reduce as needed.

P

Padre

Pretty much done, no rigging but I may do that later. Everything else completed. Also Repulse with Kookliks sub.

Attachments

• Done (3).jpg
    Done (3).jpg
    187 KB · Views: 44
  • Done (2).jpg
    Done (2).jpg
    175 KB · Views: 31
  • Done (8).jpg
    Done (8).jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Done (7).jpg
    Done (7).jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Done (14).jpg
    Done (14).jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Done (15).jpg
    Done (15).jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 52
P

Padre

Continued

Attachments

• Done (16).jpg
    Done (16).jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Done (17).jpg
    Done (17).jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Done.jpg
    Done.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 40

lriera

Lex, I agree with you, these shots with the U-Boat, really impressed me.

Padre, thank you for a so great builds.

Well, I seem to be following along in your foot steps, I have dug out the frame to again work on the Type VIIC, ordered the turned barrels f/Repulse and hope to start it when finished w/the sub. I really like the job you did with her and I hope to be able to do the same. I really like the photo of the sub under the ship:wave:.

Hi Padre,

I was grubbing about in my Gremir Models Ships folder and came across the HMS Repulse, yes, I have one of those as well. I have it printed out in a file in one of my file cabinets but went ahead and printed out the General Plan View of it just so I could admire it.

While I have already committed to finishing up my IJN Akizuki when I get done with the USS Savage which is rapidly coming to a close, the Repulse or the IJN Suzuya, also from Gremir, one or the other, is beginning to look like the next one that I will want to start working on. While the Suzuya isn't quite as large as the Repulse, it is pretty darn close.

So I had to go searching about and discovered this one that you did back in 2007-08. Very nice work and I can only hope to come nearly as close as your careful work. I will be coming back here to check out what you did as I work on my copy of this venerable old Royal Navy Battlecruiser. :thumb:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This is a very long dead thread. I don't think you will find answers here. Try not posting in thread s older than 6 months, please. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.