Hey Folks!

Atomhype

Jan 3, 2023
Thanks for having me!

I don't know how I haven't come across this website all this time! I've been searching for a papercraft template archive for MONTHS. I've been using canon creative park, a Yamaha papercraft website's scrape and some very sketchy blogs on the internet for templates till now and every papercraft forum on the first page of the internet being Decades old didn't help much.

I mostly make Mecha models and fighter planes, and an avid fan of Star Wars' planes. I am also looking for some intermediately complex stuff, so I would be very grateful for model suggestions.
I also recently discovered uhu02 and found his models very interesting and would like to know if there is an archive of his models somewhere. But I noticed all of his templates lacked tabs, so I do appreciate tips on going tab-less.

Happy New Year People!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot!

You have come to the right place for all things paper/cardstock, and to build and hone your skills. The members here are very helpful.

Many of the members here are huge SCI-FI fans (myself included). I hope that you will feel at home here. We have many designers who are at (or above) the same level of UHU02. So, I am certain that you will find a designer that you will like.

Building models without tabs is more labour intensive, but not difficult.

For medium to large pieces, just take small strips of paper to reinforce the seams.
1672761166173.png

For smaller pieces (or small angled joining, like small boxes, tubes, cones or other shapes), just use the edge gluing technique.
1672761192103.png

By all means, please post photos of your models. We love seeing photos.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

When you start a new project, I would like to encourage you to post a build thread. Build threads are a great way of show off your work and skills. Not only that, but if you run into an issue with a model you can highlight the area that you are having problems with and we can offer you some suggestions on how to deal with them.

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Reactions: d5j4vu and Atomhype

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Welcome atomhype, nice to have you here. Im a star wars fan to. I designed severall Tie models and I build the uhu02 tie interceptor.
Take a look in my album to see these models.

If you have pictures of your models could you share them with us we love pictures.

Reactions: Atomhype

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello Atom,

welcome to the forum! :)

It's great that you have found Zealot - better late than never! ;) This is a great place and I'm sure you will like it here.

My priority are models from "BSG" and "Buck Rogers" but I build Star Wars models from time to time for a good friend of mine. My latest build is a general overhaul of Shunichi Makino's AT-ST. I'm sure you have already seen this mode, it's been around for 20 years now, but I'm also sure that you have not seen what I made from it. I have changed nerly all parts to bring it closer to the filming model. It is not perfect yet but the beginning has been made.

Take care and have fun and enjoy! :)

RF

Reactions: Atomhype

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome Atomhype, so very happy to have you here. Rhaven is a Master model maker, one of many, and runs the forum with me. He knows this forum like the back of his hand. If you study the RESOURCES Section, you'll see it's broken into categories. There are some very interesting models in there. Some I snagged from Russian websites that are really hard to get now. Welcome to Zealot!! :)

Reactions: d5j4vu and Atomhype