Hello and thanks for having me.

RichRod

Mine definitely has and does haul the stuff. I was a youth lacrosse coach for years, both boys played that and were active in lots of other school stuff. I thought I would miss my pickup that I traded in to get this. I do not. And the Mini is infinitely more fun to drive, with a turbo and manual trans.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I have a 2014 Subaru Forester. I can haul massive amounts of stuff in the vehicle. I like the AWD. I have owned 5 Subaru wagons. I have another Forester in my yard, with a trailer hooked up as my beater. It has 240K miles on it, does not burn oil. I can change out the front disc brakes pad from putting the jack under, and pulling the jack out in 20 minutes. Every Subaru I had I gave away running, all with an excess of 240K miles. I have wanted a pick up for years, but 4 wheel drives cost a fortune, and your stuff gets wet, so I'll probably ever own one. My 2005 Subaru tows my Kawasaki ZZR1200 around easily with my trailer. It's easy to roll bikes onto it also. I have a front wheel motorcycle chock permanently mounted up to it, and can still carry a stack of 4'x8' plywood sheets on the 1600 lb. rated trailer, which is frame mounted. I'm sure they make nice hitches for that Countryman, and nice trailers can be had cheaply. Good to have in case you have to haul one of your bikes in an emergency, or haul one for the huge club of friends you have in the club you belong to. Connecticut, well, clubs like that just don't work out up here. I have neighbors for over 20 years and don't even know their names. I provided potable water as I was the only person with power in an area blocked off for 8 days, twice in a 6 week period due to hurricanes, chargered their Cell Phones too. I saw the people fill their jugs, plug into the extension cords, and park their cars on my lawn, but only my immediate neighbors said "Thanks". :)

RichRod

Funnily enough, our other car is a Subaru Forester. A real tank in the snow. It’s awesome. We got it with a receiver, started looking at trailers last year. Still looking. Will get one eventually. My sister in law has a sprinter van with motorcycle chocks I can use anytime I want. So the trailer hasn’t been a priority. I also have a receiver on the Mini. Solely for a bike rack. I‘m sure it could pull the motorcycle on a small trailer if I really need it it to, but you won’t find an official tow weight rating for a Countryman in the US.

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
The Draw-Tite receiver bolts right into the frame holes on the Forester. It's extremely well made. I've owned and installed two of them. ;)

RichRod

Wife is leasing this Forester. Now her second Forester lease. I asked her to get a receiver on this one. I wasn’t specific. They put a 1-1/2” receiver on it. Not sure what I can do with that. But not worried about it for the near future. Like I said, I have use of a sprinter van that is set up to haul motorcycles whenever I need it.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I have a 3 way removeable slide in, that I can flip, depending on what ball size I need. I think they sell those for every hitch made. :)