Half a Tank

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Thanks very much for the kind words and support folks. I will be replacing the banding as the ones on it now are too thin.

Matthyro

The "working area" is now done with the spout installed and new bands in place.

Attachments

• ht16.jpg
    ht16.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 203

Matthyro

This one is for Mikey with a piece of mirror behind the tank.

Attachments

• ht17.jpg
    ht17.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 205

Matthyro

The 0-6-0 has just backed up and is ready to take on water.

Attachments

• ht18.jpg
    ht18.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 208

Matthyro

Thanks very much everyone for you comments and support. I really appreciate them. This was a fun project and I wasn't sure just how it would turn out but it is OK for the Georgetown Sub.

Tyson Rayles

It just amazes me how you take some cardboard and/or bits of wood and turn out such high quality masterpieces, fantastic job Robin!

ausien

Nice job Robin, is this a aquired skill, or were you born with it?...I am trying to do this scratch build stuff, and it looks like what it is, timber, card, ect stuck together, thanks for the how to...have a good one..steve

PS. I am still trying, maybe I get it right....??????

Matthyro

Steve, I started scratchbuilding about 5 years ago when I couldn't find a kit for a model structure I wanted so I tried making one. It turned out so so, but it was a start. Now when I look at some of my earlier efforts I think that I should re-build them because I have learned so much from others. There is no question that the more you do, the better you get at doing it. It does take some patience though and you can't hurry the job.