Greetings from Florida, USA

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Welcome aboard flpaperguy, you have joined a great forum. Lots of aircrafts, scufi are build overhere. If you have any pictures from your previous work van you show them to us? Also if you are working on a project you can start a build threadt. Also if you have any quustions plaese feel free to ask. Have a great time with all of us.

Reactions: flpaperguy

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot. You have come to the right place for all things paper (as well as other mediums). Many of our members are HUGE SCI-FI geeks (myself included). SO, I hope that will help you feel more at home here.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please feel free to ask. We will do what all we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

When you do build a model I would like to invite you to post build threads of your projects. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques, as well as to highlight problem areas that you may need help with or show how you were able to solve said problem.

Once again welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello!

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you ill like it here. My main topics are BSG and Buck Rogers. I'd love to see some pictures of your previous work. Feel free to post them here. :)

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Which forum should I post photos of some paper models I have done?
To show off an overall sample of what all you have done, you can post the photos in this thread. If you are wanting to post several photos of a specific model, then just post it in the respective genre.

flpaperguy

Nov 9, 2023
Central Florida, USA
To show off an overall sample of what all you have done, you can post the photos in this thread. If you are wanting to post several photos of a specific model, then just post it in the respective genre.

Ok. My favorite fighter spacecraft is the BSG Viper. Below is a photo of the Viper Mk 2 (1/36 scale by Ninjatoes) I built. It is sitting on a launch rail designed by Murph. I just found the launch rail and sled designed by Rhaven Blaack & Revell-Fan. I will probably add the sled to this model. I was going to build Murph's Mk 1 Viper, but I think I will try the Viper Mk1 designed by Rhaven Blaack & Revell-Fan. I found it in 1/48 scale. Is it available in 1/32 scale?

I also build the Alien's M41 Pulse Rifle designed by Jan Rukr. It is a 1/1 scale paper model of a rifle used by the space marines in the Alien movies. This kit has 30 pages of parts and about 6 pages of diagrams.

Last edited:

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
I have to say that your models are looking awesome. All looks so crisp and clear you have done a fantastic job on these.

:toast:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
You did a great job on these projects!
As for the MK-I Viper (designed by @Revell-Fan ), even though it is in 1:48 scale, it can easily be upscaled to 1:32 without the loss of resolution. @Revell-Fan is still working on the 1:32 scale version, which will have even more details and greebling.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Great pictures! Thank you very much for showing them.

I'm still working on the 1/32 version but I cannot promise you if I can get it done this year. The main difference between the 1/48 and the 1/32 version is that the nose and the jet intakes will consist of three parts to show a slight curve. The intakes are ready but the nose still needs some work because of the lines. Getting them straight on a compound curve is a challenge.

So if you can live with a none-curved nose and non-curved intakes you may scale the pattern up. Our dear member @starbuck made one: https://www.zealot.com/threads/bsg-viper-mark-i-nearly-1-32-building-thread.181335

:)

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
@flpaperguy welcome to Zealot - I think you have found yourself amongst likeminded people...

Nice to see the Pulse Rifle, I've had that large bundle of pages sitting on my shelf for years, yours looks great, nice impudence for me to start mine.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work soon.

flpaperguy

Nov 9, 2023
Central Florida, USA
@flpaperguy Nice to see the Pulse Rifle, I've had that large bundle of pages sitting on my shelf for years, yours looks great, nice impudence for me to start mine.

The printed pages for my Pulse Rifle model also sat for many years. That many pages is a bit intimidating, but it isn't especially difficult to build. Jan provided several diagrams and labeled the glue tabs with the number of the part it will mate with.

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I think the Sulaco is a bigger challenge considering the amount of paper involved. ;) Your M41 looks really awesome. :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I built and added the launch sled (designed by Rhaven Blaack & Revell-Fan) to my Viper display stand. I think it looks good.

It does look good. However, the sled (actually) is inside the launch tube, in front of the rail. The Viper is placed on the rail. After the preflight check is done and the pilot gets into the Viper. The Viper is then pushed into the launch tube, and attached to the sled (which is part of the launch catapult system). The blast doors are closed and then the sled (catapult) launches the Viper. Here are two photos (of the launch tube with the sled catapult) illustrating what I am referring to.
dio_01_ThewholeThing.jpg

dio_01_ThisisNOTRosebud.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
There will be a launch tube add-on which matches the launch bay, this time with an even more accurate sled. The one available was made before new refs came in from the BluRay.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Welcome flpaperguy . You have some really nice works you posted. You can post anything you've made, even if it isn't a model in this thread . This is your Introduction thread. Welcome to Zealot!! :)