G'day, I seem to have shrunk!

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
I seem to be on this trend of rebuilding models that I built ages ago, and now it's Striker Eureka from the original Pacific Rim.

To save space, ink and paper I've scaled down the model by 50%. Starting with the face.

IMG_20210317_124439.jpg

Did I mention that the greebling potential on this model is massive and I plan to exploit it? :) :hammerhead:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
And now have really put my foot in it.

IMG_20210320_084626.jpg

The stick is to support the leg, since the last edition was bowing forward in respect (since the ankles were weak and didn't provide enough support)

This was the actual design plan. I only started with the head so I could get the puns in :)

The template is very "boxy" so you can't just cut into a foot for supports so I'm cutting holes as I go.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This was the actual design plan. I only started with the head so I could get the puns in :)
Obviously the plan worked out flawlessly. To be honest, I thougt that was the case. I mean, nobody starts a build with the head, yaknow..! :Grin: :smoker::toast:

Great idea with the stick. thumbsup

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
The stick is something I reaslised after seeing what happen to my first striker, and started with Vader and Darth Maul :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
OK, so my apologies for not updating this thread, I just got carried away with the build,

And Striker is complete! For comparison's sake I thought it would be fun to dig up the photo from the previous build, December 2014 to be exact...

IMGP0868.JPG

And now the new, half scale version of Striker (with daughter 7 years older and son (who was only 2 in 2014) added :))

IMG_20210519_195614.jpg

She's holding the same ruler (30cm) in both pictures! I'll add some "beauty shots" of Striker soon

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, that's a great model (and two lovely kids! ;) ) ! :) What do they say when they see their dad cutting out small paper bits an turning them into a mecha robot? Are they trying to mae models themselves, too?

I'm looking forward to seeing the beauty pics. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You have a beautiful family. I had no idea you were so rich!! I like the "Pacific RIm" movies. I like the modern take on the old monster movies. Great to see this model, I had no idea they existed. Could you post some links? :)