GALACTICA 6551: A fan-made virtual 2nd season of BSG by Revell-Fan

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
I would like to see that turned into a kit that would be available here in the RESOURCE SECTION (to (kind of) go along with @Ron Caudillo TOS Enterprise Bridge).
I'd like to see some "set" models of Battlestar Galactica too. I don't have any action figures but wonder it it would be possible to make customs? The paper models of the vipers and the Turbo Bike would be easy to rescale to match 6 or 4 inch actions figures. It would be a COOL project to create an action figure comic with photos and a graphic program. Paper models of the shows sets wouldn't be that hard to create if you had some floor plan layouts and could create the textures for the walls and floors.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like to see some "set" models of Battlestar Galactica too. I don't have any action figures but wonder it it would be possible to make customs? The paper models of the vipers and the Turbo Bike would be easy to rescale to match 6 or 4 inch actions figures. It would be a COOL project to create an action figure comic with photos and a graphic program. Paper models of the shows sets wouldn't be that hard to create if you had some floor plan layouts and could create the textures for the walls and floors.
You can find TOS Viper pilots over at @Tirick's website "TCF GAMING". You can make either Galactica or Pegasus pilots.

Lee Clifton

You can find TOS Viper pilots over at @Tirick's website "TCF GAMING". You can make either Galactica or Pegasus pilots.
Thanks for the link Rhaven. I'm thinking more like custom plastic action figures so you could pose them like the real actors and photograph the figure and miniature TV/Movie set. I've been researching the idea and it looks pretty good. Check out some of the books http://www.aftdownloads.co.uk has done. http://www.billscomics.com has done some great work too. I've also been playing around with the idea of doing the props and vehicles as paper models and coating them with the fingernail hardener to make them more durable for use for comics.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the link Rhaven. I'm thinking more like custom plastic action figures so you could pose them like the real actors and photograph the figure and miniature TV/Movie set. I've been researching the idea and it looks pretty good. Check out some of the books http://www.aftdownloads.co.uk has done. http://www.billscomics.com has done some great work too. I've also been playing around with the idea of doing the props and vehicles as paper models and coating them with the fingernail hardener to make them more durable for use for comics.
Thank you for the links. These look really good and would make for good dioramas. I am interested and curious to see what you come up with.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yaknow, I have a very daring idea to make some statues of the TOS main cast in anime style. However, at the moment it is still too difficult for me to get the shapes correct. Maybe one day..! ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
She's sitting in front of my desk (no kidding), waiting desperately for completion. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member

Oh man ...I just saw yesterday while surfing some super flex / ball joint figures on Amazon, I was searching for 1:24 scale figures to see if there was anything I could use for the diorama I'll put together for the Scammell ... you could start there.. will look if you don't find anything ( BTW the few I saw were ANATOMICALLY correct nudes! )

as far as plans... this might get you started... http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongallery/thumbnails.php?album=669 ;)

Lee Clifton

Gandolf thanks for that link. I have a lot of old blueprints but none of these. I might have to start working on this project.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Gandolf50 : I have found "them", too, when I was looking for some crude auctions of the latest SW TLJ figures (some have appeared before their official street date; the prices they sold for were insane). Totally seamless but without a head! :D

I have the blueprints, too. I'm curious to see how accurate they are. We have one advantage when it comes to the bridge: There was no scale model built which could have differed from the real set, so the set is the only way to go. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Small sitrep: I have found another story, the second part of a 2-part-story, I almost forgot. It is not so much a conclusion but an interesting topic which deals with the effects of post traumatic stress (Sheba experiences a dramatic event which leaves her mentally harmed and prevents her from manning her Viper; that's one of the moments I told you about which could fit right into the New BSG show but which in fact was written by me in 1999 :cool: ). However, the first part of the story, "World's End", is missing (which depicts said dramatic event). Very bad situation because I remember writing the first part more vividly then writing the conclusion. I have no idea whether I have put it somewhere else or if it has got lost. I'll find out when I take a look at the other two folders which are still missing. If I can't find it, I'll have to pull out my mental drawers and see what's still left in there to write it down again. :(

Good news for the vampire episode: It is very straight forward and required only one minimal chance (there was a small logical error which has been solved). The story is pretty entertaining and can be published uncensored (I was worrying about that because of the nature of the foes, but, well, it turned out to be half as "bad"; a tad "on edge" but more a futuristic mystery show with Gothic elements).

I have just finished the first part of the Exodus show, and - oh boy, you have to read that! It is a punch in the guts of any BSG fan. I thought it was good then but now, after 18 years of abscense, I can say that it is definitely one of the best. No spoilers YET!!! Read it for yourself, be surprised and then be left puzzled. ;)

Last edited:

ASC Mclaren

Good news for the vampire episode: It is very straight forward and required only one minimal chance (there was a small logical error which has been solved). The story is pretty entertaining and can be published uncensored (I was worrying about that because of the nature of the foes, but, well, it turned out to be half as "bad"; a tad "on edge" but more a futuristic mystery show with Gothic elements).

Oh please tell me that this crosses over to BRit25C!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Erh... (insert "crying smiley which we don't have" here) ...

These are no Vorvons, sorry.

There were two reason for that:

1. Buck Rogers was off of the telly screens for almost 20 years in Germany and there was nothing available on DVD or VHS here when I wrote the episode. When I was watching the show I was between 6 and 10 years old and I could not understand the dialogue because it aired in English with Dutch subtitles (yeah, I had to watch it on Dutch TV because German TV was so lazy with it). I was able to fully appreciate the cheesines.... erh, ARTISTIC VALUE ( :D ;) ) of the episodes when the English DVD box sets were made available. So if it had been availabe during the time I wrote the episode I may have been able to establish a connection. Missed opportunity, sorry! :)

However, due to a "dramatic accident" I was able to incorporate a Buck character in an other episode. I almost laughed my ass off when I noticed that I had written a small scene in one of the first drafts of "Evil Thoughts" which did not make sense at all. A new main character was kidnapped and locked up in a cupboard. Yep, very silly idea. The scene incorporated a stupid cleaning robot that refused to open the door of the appartment in order to free the character. I rewrote that scene and made the "liberation" much more exciting. And I changed the nature of the robot a bit to make his appearance funnier and more logical and to make him resemble... Well, you'll soon find out! ;)

2. Artistic reasons. At that time I was practising hard to draw correct body shapes. So I had to introduce characters who showed more skin than usual:

Scan0045a.jpg
This is a small sketch sheet to test different designs and looks (I found dozens of them and will show them in the threads whenever it is useful).:)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Miraculously I have recovered a central portion of the episode "Pact with the Devil". Due to the nature of the story (and not to spoil too much in the title) the title was changed to "The Voice of the Serpent". So this will be released, too. The ep features a special guest star, of course...

234650.jpg

source: http://www.nndb.com/people/296/000044164/234650.jpg

;)

Last edited:

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Miraculously I have recovered a central portion of the episode "Pact with the Devil". Due to the nature of the story (and not to spoil too much in the title) the title was changed to "The Voice of the Serpent". So this will be released, too. The ep features a special guest star, of course...

234650.jpg

source: http://www.nndb.com/people/296/000044164/234650.jpg

;)
Patrick !! One of my favorites!:)