FPV Viperjet fun

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
I had that happen with one of the old gliders I used to build. A friend and I built a set one weekend and then late one night took them out for fun. It was in England and after 1/2 hour or so the skins on the wings started to get floppy... even with a good layer of dope on them. Took back inside and hit them with a blow dryer and headed back out! Lost that one, when I was flying in some rolling hills. Caught an updraft and it just kept on going, watched it continue to climb till was out of sight!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Fantastic , great viewing pleasure!! :)

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dietzenbach, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
Thanky guys. The Videos were made by John Lancaster (Robobiggles on youtube). We had great fun doing this stuff :)
In July some of the cast of the Battle of Britain model squadron is heading over to germany to my birthday fly in :)
Will keep you updated if you are interested in.

This is the obvious reason why papercrafting is a winter hobby for me :D

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Winter is a great time for paper modeling. I have flow my simply park flyers in the winter though, that thick air really makes a difference. Great Videos, and yes, we are interested in the fly in. ;)

McTschegsn

Feb 24, 2015
Dietzenbach, Germany
www.jet-connection.de
And here is what we did on my annual birthday fly in in July :)
Some guys of the Battle of Britain model squadron came over to germany to have some fun, good chats, beer and obviusly loads of fun flying :D
Credits for theVideo go to John Lancaster who did this absolutely awesome edit :D

Reactions: zathros

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
It's been 30 some odd years, but I used to fly an electric park flyer, and a gas HobbyZone Easy 80, my main hobby was racing 1/10th scale rally cars. I always loved flying, but never got good enough at it to turn it into anything other than a diversion. I helped an old friend build a 10ft SR-71, with two of those turbojets, never saw it fly though :( My friend died before maiden flight, and his widow sold all the stuff.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
It's great to see your videos, much easier than trying to hunt them down! :)