FPV Viperjet fun

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
I had that happen with one of the old gliders I used to build. A friend and I built a set one weekend and then late one night took them out for fun. It was in England and after 1/2 hour or so the skins on the wings started to get floppy... even with a good layer of dope on them. Took back inside and hit them with a blow dryer and headed back out! Lost that one, when I was flying in some rolling hills. Caught an updraft and it just kept on going, watched it continue to climb till was out of sight!

McTschegsn

Thanky guys. The Videos were made by John Lancaster (Robobiggles on youtube). We had great fun doing this stuff :)
In July some of the cast of the Battle of Britain model squadron is heading over to germany to my birthday fly in :)
Will keep you updated if you are interested in.

This is the obvious reason why papercrafting is a winter hobby for me :D

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Winter is a great time for paper modeling. I have flow my simply park flyers in the winter though, that thick air really makes a difference. Great Videos, and yes, we are interested in the fly in. ;)

McTschegsn

And here is what we did on my annual birthday fly in in July :)
Some guys of the Battle of Britain model squadron came over to germany to have some fun, good chats, beer and obviusly loads of fun flying :D
Credits for theVideo go to John Lancaster who did this absolutely awesome edit :D

McTschegsn

Long time no read. Have been fiddling around with my life and everything.
Just wanted to add some moving pictures of my Tiger Moth :)
Now flying with digital FPV for way sharper views:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
It's been 30 some odd years, but I used to fly an electric park flyer, and a gas HobbyZone Easy 80, my main hobby was racing 1/10th scale rally cars. I always loved flying, but never got good enough at it to turn it into anything other than a diversion. I helped an old friend build a 10ft SR-71, with two of those turbojets, never saw it fly though :( My friend died before maiden flight, and his widow sold all the stuff.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
It's great to see your videos, much easier than trying to hunt them down! :)