Find of the month.

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I was with the wife unit at Hobby Lobby, and as she searched for clearance paints, I came across this.
Lotus_Esprit.jpg

1 of 1500 made 1989 Lotus Esprit in Pacific Blue. I rarely buy diecast cars, but I have a soft spot for 1980's exotics...

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Good vibrant colour, and I too love an 80's classic - the Lotus factory is only 7 miles away from where I live.

We had two punters who drank at our local pub, one of which had ordered an Elise, so the other chap organised a pub group outing for us to have a look around the factory and the other chap could see his car on the production line. He was allowed into the paint shop where his car was at the time of the visit, apparently there was a minor flaw in the paintwork... "microscopic" he said.

It was a very interesting day out, although we were not allowed to take any pictures as there was a lot of cars from different manufactures there having 'special work' done to them... The guy who took us around kept saying "you haven't seen that, or that, or that!" etc...

A small collection of Formula one cars from their last season, the burgundy/deep red Esprit from the Bond film 'For Your Eyes Only' and a Lotus Cortina handed back to the factory from the Metropolitan Police after it was used in the great rain robbery...

A nice day out

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Good vibrant colour, and I too love an 80's classic - the Lotus factory is only 7 miles away from where I live.

We had two punters who drank at our local pub, one of which had ordered an Elise, so the other chap organised a pub group outing for us to have a look around the factory and the other chap could see his car on the production line. He was allowed into the paint shop where his car was at the time of the visit, apparently there was a minor flaw in the paintwork... "microscopic" he said.

It was a very interesting day out, although we were not allowed to take any pictures as there was a lot of cars from different manufactures there having 'special work' done to them... The guy who took us around kept saying "you haven't seen that, or that, or that!" etc...

A small collection of Formula one cars from their last season, the burgundy/deep red Esprit from the Bond film 'For Your Eyes Only' and a Lotus Cortina handed back to the factory from the Metropolitan Police after it was used in the great rain robbery...

A nice day out
That would be too cool! I was a young boy when my dad was stationed at March AFB in California, and I got a tour of the Palmdale Lockheed assembly plat, and they had giant tarps covering what I now know were SR-71s in for depot maintenance, but I even got a ride in a C-5...

• Love
Reactions: Chuffy70