Ferrari Engine design and build

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You know, if you mounted those gears of a firm but soft foam, they would have moved linearly, kind of like a "Harmonic Balancer", and you could probably get it to spin, with the gears taking up the slop. Just a thought. :)

retunga

Designer
Update Time, 95% Complete
cool.gif

The bell housing is now complete and installed on the engine, just the inlet airbox to go...
DSCF1860_zps8197fdb6.jpg

Bell housing inside view.
DSCF1859_zpsf2d7423b.jpg

Bell Housing
DSCF1865_zpsf585db1a.jpg

Bell houysing fitted to the engine.
DSCF1868_zpsea8077bf.jpg

DSCF1867_zps47b1fe3f.jpg

The final length of the model is 800mm
eek.gif

The height and width will only be finalized when the airbox is in place.
cool.gif

R

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That thud you just heard was my jaw hitting the ground! Incredibly awesome, and masterful. You should be very proud of yourself. I'm proud to be on a forum where one of the members made this!! :)

retunga

Designer
Well the first half of the Airbox is now complete and the second one as 3/4's finished, all that is left to do is the throttle bodies and mounting it and then it is complete... :):D(I am more interested in finishing the model than going to work right now...:shifty:.)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I bet. It is quite fantastic. You should show it to a Ferrari dealer. They may give you an offer only a person who drives a Ferrari could offer, his Ferrari!! :)

retunga

Designer
Well after 1 year, 11 months and 18 days what started out as an idea has now finally been realized.

From the orginal sizes that I designed to it has only grown in length by 67mm.
The final size of the model is 800mm long, 430mm high and 410mm wide, and weighs 3KG.

there is 5467 parts to the engine, the model turn over but this build the model is not going to turn over.

I am having issues getting all the photos online, I will post as it is uploaded, here is the first few.

DSCF2141_zpsa2b1c4be.jpg

DSCF2139_zps5bfaf8c9.jpg

DSCF2138_zpsb2e74609.jpg

DSCF2137_zps014fac72.jpg

More to follow

R

retunga

Designer

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
AWESOME!! This is clearly a lifetime achievement! Great job and you have completed it. It's done. Excellent. !!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic - outstanding - mind-blowing! A SUPER job and CONGRATULATIONS on MoM!

:Bravo::Bravo::Bravo:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Definitely knew this was going to be Model of the month many months ago! :)

Neon Neuron

Wow...Whoa...I can't even think...This is just AMAZING!
And not just the build, either. All the work that went into this, from design to wiring to paper shows such an advanced level of craftsmanship.
Honestly, this is both inspiring and humbling. I don't think I could achieve something like this.

retunga

Designer
Thanks Neon,

If I had to look back in 2009 when I started building models and then designing them and this was my first, I know it would have failed, by just building and designing models and going from very easy which is always the best starting point to going a bit harder and so on, I have worked my way up to what is most likely going to be model to match for some time.
My first model that I tried to build did not get very far as it was quite a hard one, and today I have not looked at building it.

What one must remember with this art / hobby is that you are the one that sets the level on how intense or easy you feel in building the model at hand, but one must also challenge themself at the same time.

I have been asked what is my next master model going to be? and the best answer that I can come up with is :confused:o_O:eek:ops::wideyed: i have no idea, I have about 3-4 in mind but which ????

Neon Neuron

I tend to set the bar pretty high (for myself). But, I have learned to reel in my ambitions.
I'm also looking forward to other models you build!