Strick67

AKA Dinoreplicas
Boy, the eyes look great! Is this a texture or did you add a light source inside or around the eye ball?
The circular eye highlights are a fake. Not real reflections but a mesh that hugs the eyeball and rotates to point at a controller (the star shaped wireframe controllers in the screengrab in post #350). The same controller can also be scaled to fade the highlight in/out.

This is mostly due to me using the Eevee renderer which unlike Cycles, (mostly) doesn't do real reflections. I was getting good results with reflection maps but as other people might be using this as an asset I wanted a more controllable system.

I’m having a go at making a realtime version of the Rudolph scene for Sketchfab. Got this idea to make a sort of snowglobe but with stars. Not sure if it’ll work, I’ll see how I get on.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did a FANTASTIC JOB on this project! Thank you for sharing this with us!
Merry Christmas!!!

Strick67

AKA Dinoreplicas
Seeing as my skull model is the only one of my items that seems to sell on BlenderMarket, I’m going to have a go at a decent quality 3D human skeleton. This’ll probably take me a while, can't say how long. Making the vertebrae will probably task my attention span to the limit (still have memories of the Allosaurus skeleton and it’s vertebrae don’t vary nearly so much as human ones). This hand is what I’ve done so far, I’ll try to get it in the shop soon, might make a control rig for it

dfpx8iv-3afed4df-8491-486f-90fe-fcfa16eba7bd.gif

dfpx95v-93e4b1ef-8370-4569-a13a-14330749b6cd.gif