Der Glaskasten

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Beautiful to look at. These pieces seem to be miniaturizations of the real part. Only that you show they are paper, can one tell that they aren't painted sheets of steell bolted, or riveted together. Superb!! :)

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
... one of my model making chums suggested sewing pins, just nip the top off, or push through and cut ...
Yes, I thought to this solution too but eventually opted for the punched plasticard because many of the rivets I need are so small that I wouldn't be able to find a suitable pin and, after all, the amount of work requested is not so different. Another thing to consider is that many of the walls will be visible from the other side and I don't want to see the cut edge protruding inside and under the model. But I agree that, for selected spots, this would be a valid option resulting in perfect, all identical, round rivets.

Reactions: zathros and mijob

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Beautiful to look at. These pieces seem to be miniaturizations of the real part. Only that you show they are paper, can one tell that they aren't painted sheets of steell bolted, or riveted together. Superb!! :)
You know how great is the satisfaction when a cardmodeler meets a plastic modeler and hear him sayin' "THAT one is made of paper? Naaaaa!" ;)

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Hi friends,
sorry to be so late. Just a line to assure you I'm still alive.
I understand that, maybe, you wasn't worrying about this but, if anyone would like to know, I'm still working on Glaskasten, very slowly, but the project is not abandoned.
My life, my family, my work, they all took many of my time in the last months so I couldn't build much and posted even less.
On my desk in the photo you can see what I have realize so far, not a lot was added since my last post one year ago. Many things are happened meanwhile. The most relevant (speaking of model building) was a new laser cut device I bought as my self-gifted Christmas-present. I'll talk about this new instrument soon, you can take a look to the platforms to have an idea of what I'm saying.
I'm happy to be back with you. More updates to come soon.

DSC09703.JPG

DSC09601.JPG

DSC09606.JPG

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I am rebuilding 2 real motorcycles (basically done, 10 hrs. more work), and have to pull a head off of my motorhome's engine to change the head gasket. Life makes modeling card. ;)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I am rebuilding 2 real motorcycles (basically done, 10 hrs. more work), and have to pull a head off of my motorhome's engine to change the head gasket. Life makes modeling card. ;)
It put me in bed for a day and a half, but I got new pads and rotors on my 2018 Kia Soul... My body just won't let me do these things anymore.

Reactions: zathros

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Hi friends,
sorry to be so late. Just a line to assure you I'm still alive.
I understand that, maybe, you wasn't worrying about this but, if anyone would like to know, I'm still working on Glaskasten, very slowly, but the project is not abandoned.
My life, my family, my work, they all took many of my time in the last months so I couldn't build much and posted even less.
On my desk in the photo you can see what I have realize so far, not a lot was added since my last post one year ago. Many things are happened meanwhile. The most relevant (speaking of model building) was a new laser cut device I bought as my self-gifted Christmas-present. I'll talk about this new instrument soon, you can take a look to the platforms to have an idea of what I'm saying.
I'm happy to be back with you. More updates to come soon.

View attachment 213286

View attachment 213287

View attachment 213288
Welcome back among the modeling... :bulgeeye:

Reactions: Tonino and zathros