Cutting through the "felgercarb" ..! :-)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PICTURES - AT LAST!!! :)

WIP state:

Lawn Mower Robot1-3.jpg

Lawn Mower Robot1-a3.jpg

License plate:

license_20180422233412_84251.jpg

Created with ACME License Maker.

Shortly before unfolding:

2.jpg

So, this is gonna be an Automated Lawn Mower Robot. With integrated cupholder. :)

The wheels roll, of course. In fact, the scale was perfect to re-use the aft wheel from Crichton. However, this time it's the front wheel. ;)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's time for the most important thing - the cupholder! :)

DSCF2630.jpg

DSCF2631.jpg

DSCF2632.jpg

A view from the bottom:

DSCF2633.jpg

The tube is big enough to hold a small glass - and it serves as a former at the same time. ;)

The axles for the aft wheels:

DSCF2634.jpg

DSCF2635.jpg

They are a bit small in diameter. I could have used the same that came with the front wheel, but, well, I thought, why not? :)

DSCF2641.jpg

Before they are pushed through the holes the flaps are pushed together so that they are not getting in the way. The single pieces:

DSCF2636.jpg

Axle pushed through:

DSCF2639.jpg

and glued to the wheel box using a rod:

DSCF2644.jpg

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The base is laminated to two layers of card for additional strength. The thickness of the laminated pieces is not important. The thicker you make it the closer it gets to the ground. However, you should not make it thicker than the visible part of the wheels. ;)

Then the wheel boxes are attached:

DSCF2646.jpg

DSCF2647.jpg

DSCF2648.jpg

Some formers:

DSCF2649.jpg

The closing lid:

DSCF2652.jpg

DSCF2653.jpg

The bottom piece is cut out and bent to shape:

DSCF2655.jpg

The top piece is used as a stencil to cut out two matching parts from stronger card:

DSCF2657.jpg

DSCF2658.jpg

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The top piece parts are bent to shape and laminated. The bottom piece is attached to the cylinder:

DSCF2659.jpg

DSCF2661.jpg

The top piece is glued to the bottom piece:

DSCF2664.jpg

DSCF2666.jpg

The reason for pre-shaping the parts before laminating is to prevent the parts from creasing. If you laminate them first and then try to push them into shape you might end up with a messy result full of wrinkles and creases. This way the parts are more flexible and easier to manipulate.

The parts for the spoiler:

DSCF2667.jpg

DSCF2668.jpg

The spoiler itself is handled like the lid cover:

DSCF2670.jpg

Laminated:

DSCF2671.jpg

and glued together:

DSCF2672.jpg

DSCF2674.jpg

As you can see, top and bottom half have been glued together (which was not that easy, I must admit) and the deco has already been attached. That means... CUTTI is finished and ready to go..! :)

Stay tuned for the beauty pics!!! :)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It is indeed. I'm now tinkering with the mesh to flesh out the TARDIS version. The weather is pretty bad here, it's raining all day long, which prevents me from taking some outdoor pics. I need those pictures for the data sheet though. They have to be made before Friday because that's the day I'll meet my colleague... :(

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
A T.A.R.D.I.S. version. That will be very interesting to see.