Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

sir james

HERE I IZ, made it. GOOD EVENING All, we had a sunny day in the 50s, looking for next weeks 69 for several days. Any of you waiting for Lionels new 736, good news its here. Well a happy new page and off we go...S.J.

jefelectric

I'm here.

John Baker have you found us yet? BTW, do you ever get to London? I just read in the WSJ that they just opened the Westfield Mall there which is the largest mall in England/Europe.

We moved the train tables to the library today, but could not set up as they had mistakenly booked our room for a meeting. That will be the last meeting until after new years as we are going to start setup on Monday afternoon.

It was a beautiful day here today, I think it hit the 60s.

Ngauger, Thanks for that tabulation, interesting.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
I have to share this..... My day: (Times approximate)

12:00 Noon EDT: Shopping at Wal Mart - Thinking of going to 2 model railroad open houses...

12:30 - My friend calls me and says to pick him up - He's ready to go! :D

1:00 first open house - Garden Railway

2:00 Second Open house - HO Inside - G outside...

Dinner - shopping - silly stuff.........

7:00 PM on way to other friend's house - As I'm approaching a bridge on the PRR NE Corridor - I see an Acela train go over the bridge. :cool:

7:10 - a grade crossing (NS - ex B&O) I'm stopped by a single engine train - going north pulling about 50 empty container flat cars.. about 30 black - 20 Yellow TTX

7:30 - "Local" grade crossing - I'm stopped a second time - 5 car commuter...

9:30 Leave friends

9:25 PM -- Same NS crossing - I'm stopped a 3rd time :) 2 engines and a mixed freight.... Boxes, tanks, etc......and about 50 TTX container cars(With containers) heading south - 20 yellow and 30 black all in a row....

Hmmmmmmmmmm :D :D :D :D

In any other place, I would say - I saw WAY too many trains today.....

But this isn't that place :psign1sign1sign1sign1sign1

John Baker

I'm here.

John Baker have you found us yet? BTW, do you ever get to London? I just read in the WSJ that they just opened the Westfield Mall there which is the largest mall in England/Europe.

We moved the train tables to the library today, but could not set up as they had mistakenly booked our room for a meeting. That will be the last meeting until after new years as we are going to start setup on Monday afternoon.

It was a beautiful day here today, I think it hit the 60s.

Ngauger, Thanks for that tabulation, interesting.
John[jefelectric]
Found it via your e-mail link. Bookmarked this page and when I try to open it, I get the closed thread [caboose VI]. Am going to try favourites and see what happens?
Have started using IE8, the same Gremlins are at it.

John Baker

John,
Have now finally(?) got this site into 'Favourites' and should have no further problems until this one gets to page 100!
I have done busines in London and visited family there, frankly all these cities with their malls centres or what you may call them make me feel like an Ant and just want to get as far away as I can. I live near Manchester [the UKs third city] and we always head away from it when we go out, we are only a few miles from some of our national parks and they are our refuge from the melee. Unfortunately too many others [tourists] are getting the same idea and now things are getting frought. Being retired, we leave the weekends to the pleb's and venture midweek when most of them are at their work.

Good Morning from Blueberryhill....
I made it here OK. Today is a cool and cloudy day. Going up to 68 and maybe some sunshine.
Not much is new here. Leg is healing well. I need to run trains soon. Have to get down the basement steps.
Everyone have a nice day.
Chuck

jeffrey-wimberl

Good morning.

It's 55 clear and sunny. The high will be in the lower 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/2/2008

Wind Chill: 55°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 49°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. East winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Southeast winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming light after midnight.

RTR on the outside, Blue Box on the inside.
P1010241.jpg

Chief Eagles

Morning all. Another pretty day in NC. In the 70's [as the last two were]. More normal for fall here. Cool at night and warming in the day. Off to lake house and pay the plumber. He re-plumbed the whole place. New everything and roughed for another bath. Moving wall this coming weekend and stay until 11th. Then he will finish bath. Have a great week.

Brutus

Good night, John Baker! Hope ERNI is working better "tomorrow". Out internet/phone/cable was down this AM. Two are working now, but the cable is still down. Lots of dvds to watch. Plent to do today, so talk more later! I need to post more often, I was so close!