Come on back to the caboose and get a cup of coffee [or sweet ice tea] - Part VII

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
I have joined the 21st century I now have a Wii:cry: Got bowling down pat yet to master loony tunes but hay just got it by luck this morningsign1

Trying to see if I can scrape up some money for that Other OSU train set by LIONEL at the Buckeye corner here in Columbus. I think that would be awesome but not economical at this time. Have to save some for paint for layout first must prioritize :cool:

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
Ithink my morning post got moved here. Maybe I was too sleepy this AM to notice the coffee was fresh and we ahd a new caboose to ride in. Thanks NGauger. Back from the lake. Plumber [Roger and not Joe] did a great job. Everything new from the pressure tank on. New cut offs and supplies too. Now to move the wall this weekend and make larger eating area and then remainder is large bath [plumber got ready under house so all he has to do is attach on]. Popcorn time.

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
John,

I have done busines in London and visited family there, frankly all these cities with their malls centres or what you may call them make me feel like an Ant and just want to get as far away as I can. I live near Manchester [the UKs third city] and we always head away from it when we go out, we are only a few miles from some of our national parks and they are our refuge from the melee. Unfortunately too many others [tourists] are getting the same idea and now things are getting frought. Being retired, we leave the weekends to the pleb's and venture midweek when most of them are at their work.

John, Jean and I usually do the same thing. She is not retired yet, but does have Fridays off, so that is our day to do our thing. We live in a fairly rural area, farm fields across the road and in back of our house. 11 houses along a country road and one farmhouse on the other side is our neighborhood. The farmhouse belongs to my Son & DIL.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Hi All, I spent the day at a local train show, helped my favorite train store set up and pack. plus a table of my own next to theirs so I could help if they got busy. Sales were decent, a little more than I expected. Have a good monday..S.J.

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Wasted the whole day putting up one light fixture. It does look good. The laundry room is a little too bright now, might try taking out two bulbs per wife... We'll see! Didn't get anything else done though.

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
Sorry for the LONG absence, I just lost interest posting here. But now I'm back, so ya'll will hopefully be seeing more of me. Got me a new road and a new plan. By the way, one major reason I quit coming here was because i made the football team for my school. I started at defensive End throughout the season and played both defensive end and left guard for our last game, which was a playoff game where we won 32-0 and got third place in the county.

John Baker

Nov 9, 2007
Cheshire. UK.
Been up all night with severe guts ache, NHS web site tells me that my meds react badly to swig[alchohol] my small sherry last night put the lid on it, so no more drugs until after my 70th in December. What a come down from eight pints of Robinsons finest to one small sherry and even that turns the screw.

HO-HUM!!!!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 45 F as I headed into work this gray morning. High today will be 58 F. We had a little bit of rain over night but not enough to get the ground wet under the trees.

What a busy weekend! On Friday I had to turn back our unsold Cub Scout Popcorn and close out our sales with our Council. Then we had trick-or-treating. The kids had friends over after trick-or-treating for a small Halloween party. Saturday we cleaned out the garage and stored the summer outdoor furniture. Moved the snow blower up to front of the garage and started preparing for winter. I still have to finish disassembling the gazebo. We also did the grocery shopping. On Sunday we finally slept late. We took the kids out to buy Guitar Hero for the Wii. They saved up the money from their allowances and odd jobs. They both had to chip in and pay for it.

With everything else going on no trains. This afternoon is my daughter’s last volleyball game of the middle school season.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 47 and clear. The high today should be around 80 and it will be sunny and clear.

Didn't get much done yesterday as the flu shot I got last week is doing what it's supposed to do, giving me a mild case of the flu. I should be over it in a couple of days they say. I do feel better today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/3/2008

Wind Chill: 47°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 47°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 78 Mostly sunny. Patchy dense fog early in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. East winds around 5 mph.

P1010013-9.jpg

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Morning all not much happening thought I would drop in and say hi and you all moved the caboose on me took me a while to figure out where it was now but I have it mapped out by my putor so I'll be able to find it the next timesign1
Hope all have a good day talks to you all later

Nov 17, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Well all went well at DR.s office today. Infact he took me off of 2 medicines and said the other can go also eventually as I really don't need them but need to back off the medication slowly not to come off everything at once.
icon_smile_swg.gif
. He also said everything look fine and was wondering why I needed to see him.
icon_smile_perplexed.gif
I asked about the 2 different heart caths one showing a blockage and one not and asked how one could disappear and he said I can't answer what the other doctor saw or didn't see. I can only answer what this latest report shows. This has wife and I with a lot of questions now as he also asked how long I've been taking all this medication and also did I ever have a heart attack and stuff like that which I told him 2+ years on meds and no on heart attack as I never actually had a heart attack I also asked why I had this defibrillator and he said I don't know why you have it.

Other than that been a very quiet and peacefull day. Not to much going on. Getting ready for dinner and then to bed as have work tomorrow.

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
:wave:

Good evening

Gained a pound from last week:curse: it is all water weight so will have to not eat salty food no more deli lunch meat 670 mg sodium in 2 oz I am supposed to eat 4 oz lean meat:cry:

I suppose a slice of pizza every day for 5 days adds up:eek: Using an ab roller hand weights and bowling and boxing on the Wii:thumb:

No work on layout today will do it in the morning after I locate the sweeper it is in the house some where under all the train stuff that got displaced when construction started on layoutsign1

Brutus

Nov 8, 2007
Howdy folks - 61 degrees in St. Louis and the sun was going down when I drove home at about 5. Oh well, it's that time again I guess. Tired to death of politics - glad tomorrow is it for a while. Contractor is coming to fix siding on Wednesday. Somebody shot paintballs at the front porch. Siding needs to be repaired due to someone shooting it with bb's. I think I need to hire a guard to watch over the house for a while? I'm not sure what we did, but this is getting old and expensive.

sir james

Dec 22, 2007
mich
Howdy, not a lot today,well some I guess, a visit to the Drs. checkup and blood work. talked me into a flu shot which I usually decline. Said at my age I should take one.OK. Then I ran the new Lionel 736 that took two years to get here. Its nice not entirely like the PW so I guess it will just be what it is and what its not.TTFN S.J.

Chief Eagles

Sep 30, 2005
Rolesville NC [just north of Raleigh]
UMM, coffee sure si fresh here now. :thumb: Softer beds in this "buggy" too. Town Board voted in a liquor store tonight. State and County run and controlled. No independant liquor stores like some states. Raining pretty good and we need it. Popcorn time and then off to bed. Did get to watch the rest of Hitman on MAX Demand. Pretty good but coping Bourne movies. Good night all.

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Good morning.

It's 49 and clear. The high should be around 80 and partly cloudy though it may be blustery around some polling places.

I got a package in the mail yesterday that contained two Athearn SDP40F Amtrak locos and bits and pieces of various rolling stock. I'm sure I'll be able to make use of most of it.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/4/2008

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
High: 52°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 78 Mostly sunny early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 5 mph.

P1010242.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

It was 48 F as I hit the road. High will be 63 F will possible rain later.

I thought I would be smart this morning and vote on the way to work. It didn’t happen. There were about 40 people in line at 7 AM at our polling place. It was the biggest crowd I have ever seen that early. I may have to leave work early this afternoon to see if I can sneak in between rushes. My wife is supposed to vote and take her father sometime during the day.

We finished putting the Halloween decorations away last night. Then we had an impromptu family movie since we found out that the kids had off from school today. We watched Journey to the Center of the Earth. As a result no trains last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.