Building Yoav Hozmis Kfir C-2

McTschegsn

Hey folks,

as I finished my SHADO Interceptor today I thought it is time to build the wonderful Kfir from Yoav Hozmi.
Yoav is a very gifted designer who gave some of his projects for the puclic to download for a limited time right over at the papermodelers forum. He did a very awesome graphic job...
New for me will definitely be the celar canopy where I need a mould. (Should not be a real problem as I have all materials in my workshop - Doing R/C Model Jets usually
wink.gif
)
So... Here are some pics from the start...
The sheets and the first formers glued to cardboard and some cockpit parts cut out.
I am very looking forward to this build as the graphics Yoav did are superb and this is my first bigger airplane model.
Take a seat to watch if you want and wish me luck ;)

Kfir1.jpg Kfir2.jpg Kfir3.jpg

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Why would you build that when, after all the snyde remarks, he pulled the model, and put it at the site I have placed the link to below, in a much higher resolution with a lot more liveries:

Link = http://www.jumbomail.co.il/Downloads.aspx?sid=762F346765616F6A6373303D

Click the button with the Red "circlish" thing around it, and you get the model, more liveries, and the all the instructions.

Moderators Moderate in this forum. When everyone throws in their two cents worth, that has nothing with praise of the work, you lose the model and designer. So this is the model, more liveries, and with a resolution that would allow you to double it in size. This is the finest membership of any forum I have been in. We have never had that problem, or people sticking their nose where it does not belong. This designers veracity was questioned, and supposedly "confirmed", by people that neither the authority or business doing so. Read the thread for yourself, if you feel like wasting your time. Thankfully, this designer rose above, and arranged other alternatives. Funny how it took me 60 seconds to find, yet, it is no longer available?

McTschagen, you are a smart person downloading models you may wish to build, because many any times, they do disappear, and cannot be found. Kudos to you! I look forward to your build. you may want to download the other one, (link above) to see if the resolution was improved on, and for the detailed Instructions.s :):)

Clipboard 1GRAB.jpg

McTschegsn

Hey Zathros,
I already got that version mentioned above. The different liveries provided are different only by the tails and the plane numbers on certain parts. The resolution is perfectly the same as the original model was. I am aware that Yoav changed the download location.
Sometimes designers make choices that are not foreseeable. I double checked aith Yoav that I got the latest version as of all other planes he designed and gave to us for free.
Thank you for the hint with the complete versions. It may be usable for other modellers who want to build this model.

As I am not a native english speaker I hope I interpreted your post the right way. Yoav stated that the link above would not work forever. That is what I meant when I said it is offered for a limited time.
Well anyway the graphics of this bird are awesome and I think I will have great fun to build it.

And you are perfectly right with the last sentence :) When I see something that is worth downloading in my opinion I do it. Diskspace is not the problem nor bandwith is. The problem ist that many projects are located on websites which go down from time to time or are not continued. Sadly enough the work on it vanishes in the dark so I try to put up a library myself with stuff I like. Did the same with the website of Ericks models which he by himself posted to be discontinued by End of may.
I love skimming through the possible builds I can do and sometimes only admire the work one did designing this models.

I am somewhat like a hunter and keeper ;)

I will continue working on that bird tomorrow as now I am sitting in front of my PC with a good glass of wine and scanning through the forums ;)

Last edited:

McTschegsn

So have I Micah. I flew the Kfir for a long time as a R/C Ducted Fan Jet. The kit was from Byron afaik. And even there it wore IAF markings ;)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I had a 2 channel electric ducted fan park flyer, and a 70 size high wing monoplane, but sold them all in favor of RC cars... Then wife and kids came, and now I just pay their bills and try to build static models.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
It is so important to download what you like. Remember, you can burn these files to DVD's, that is roughly 4.7 worth of Data per disc. Use ImgBurn, and it will leave the disc open, so you can add more, not having to spend extra on DVDRW discs. You can build a library quite cheaply, and free disc space up. There are many false positives, too much to go into. Do not download from Cnet OR anyone else.

Imgburn ,(I been using 13 years, best burning program on the planet, and it is FREE! Use this link and download it from the last download link "Provided by ImgBurn", do a manual instalation and do not install any 3rd party software, choose or uncheck all boxes, and load ONLY ImgBurn. It also does "Booktyping", which will allow DVD's to play on some DVD players, especially in cars, that would not play otherwise!!

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download&

McTschegsn

I know exactly what you mean. I am into papermodelling again (tried this when I was seven years old and gave up :D) since February and my archives grew to a vast 14 Gig ;) Plenty of stuff to build :)

McTschegsn

The formers are cut out and I will start glueing soon. Just cleaned my workspace a bit and my "Me-Room"
smile.gif

Was a real mess. I think my room needs some extra love the next days, I am switching from plastic modelling to papermodelling temporarily so I can gain some extra space for models since I put the plastic kits in the basement
wink.gif

And no... No pics of the mess
wink.gif

Kfir8.jpg

McTschegsn

I could not keep my fingers still so i built the Ejection Seat.
The parts fit very good together. For the seat cushion I had to bend the seat sides a bit outward (about .5 mm) the the cushin fell into his place withoug any pressure.
I had great fun assembling the seat as no surprises were discovered and I hope you folks have as much fun watching the pics as I have to build the model.
Kfir9.jpg Kfir10.jpg Kfir11.jpg Kfir12.jpg

McTschegsn

Well Tonino... You do not recognize the "magic formers"? :D
As a matter of fact I use bottle caps for diluting my white glue with some water. As I use very tiny amounts of glue normally the caps are perfect to mix some fresh glue with water and glue the next 2 or 3 parts ;)
And yes: I love beer :D

McTschegsn

Today I built the exhaust. I added some step by step photos and the finished exhaust. I really like the solution Yoav did for the feathers. The folded edge really adds some 3D realistic touch.
I had to shorten the outer ring by approximately 1 mm to match the diameter. I did the same for the "feather ring" I glued the ring only to the front of the nozzle and the rear end I glued only the feather tips and folded them around.

I really like the outcome. The exhaust nozzle looks great!
Kfir13.jpg Kfir14.jpg Kfir15.jpg Kfir16.jpg Kfir17.jpg Kfir18.jpg Kfir19.jpg Kfir20.jpg Kfir21.jpg

McTschegsn

Teehee :) As I am off for an electric ducted fan meeting I hope I can build some more this evening. Well... Tomorrow is a day too ;)