Breaking News, The Queen is dead, God save the King.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
May she rest in peace.

May the new King honor her legacy and continue with dignity and respect.

1662666457572.png

• Sad
Reactions: micahrogers

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Not a fan of Royalty but she did and saw much in her life, especially during WWII. I spent months in England. The discrepancy between classes is not right for a country so wealthy. I hope they end this Royalty crap, remember with reverence what they had. I can't feel too sorry for somebody who has a 250,000 acre "getaway" (Balmoral Castle), and still draws money from the government. The sentiment in England, from the Brits I know seems to almost down the middle, on ending the monarchy.

Sorry you guys, she lead a very privileged life, and a long one at that. She was blessed. May the British people find a way that does not set other people born into certain bloodlines above others.

Marcel, you say "dignity and respect", well I guess that kicks Charles out of the picture. Let's be real. America has enough classes and we do it without royalty, we do it with money. I have an in law who is so proud her family traces back to people on the "Mayflower", and let's us know about it, too much. Big deal. I'm more impressed that she's a 2nd grade school teacher.

May the British be blessed, the country that we have a very "special relationship with". I don't pray for the dead. I do pray that the family is consoled for their Queen passing. :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
... she did and saw much in her life, especially during WWII. I spent months in England. The discrepancy between classes is not right for a country so wealthy...
I have to agree with this. Tradition is a two-edged sword. On the one hand it gives stability but on the other it may prevent or delay change when change is necessary. However we have witnessed (especially in the later years of the Queen's reign) that it is not impossible. Charles will certainly try to follow his mother's footsteps but I do believe that he will resign in a few years and pass on the torch to the next generation. But for the time being he is the head now. We'll see how the journey goes. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Actually, the right of ascension has not taken place, so technicaly, he is not king. He has broken their own rule (adultery and divorce), the stewardship should pass to his son. IMHO ;)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Actually, the right of ascension has not taken place, so technicaly, he is not king. He has broken their own rule (adultery and divorce), the stewardship should pass to his son. IMHO ;)
Agreed, but we shall see. Whom ever it may be, God save the King.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I sincerely think so. He will not make it till his end. This is in no way to be seen in a negative way but he has been "the Queen's son" for much too long and he is in his 70s. I doubt that he will find himself comfortable in his new role, his son seems to be a much better choice. One thing is for sure, this is the end of an era. Another is yet to begin. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
There's is only one king in my life. and he did not save himself, he gave himself, if he did, we'd all be going to He((. The world needs to get rid of autocracies, no matter what they call themselves. The U.K. just about has, as their Monarchs are symbolic, but when someone has a 256,000 acre "Get-a-way" place, and others are in the same country are living on the streets, it a crime. You would be arrested if you hunted Rabbits on that land. Every country on this planet is guilty of similar offenses, but ones with Monarchies, I just find the whole thing disgusting. I am a Yankee, from New England, we fought them over this, and won.

Marcel. your remark causes me to chuckle, the guy has spent his whole life waiting for his Mom to die instead of doing something that isn't a ritual, something to make the the "corporation" look good. How lame. His claim to fame is his two sons from a beautiful Princess that he was cheating on before he got married, broke their own law, he does not have the right to be king as he was divorced. The two best things he did were pushed out by Princess Diana, who did much in her very short life. They treated her like a pile of sh't afterwards, and even after she died. It was only when they saw the public getting ready to end the monarchy did the "Queen" finally react. I will never forget that forced smile she made on T.V> after her speech. She was so out of touch, as Charlie boy is. Harry is the only one who got it right. He is his own man, and left them all behind when they slammed his wife, a self made, woman of color. I guess she didn't match the drapes. They are racists, the Sun has set on the English Empire. Harry is a man's man, he'd be the best candidate for king, not his snobby brother. I happen to be an Anglophile, which is why I am so opinionated about it. My wife has many relatives their she is in contact there. IMHO ;)

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Being a working-class British subject, it's with interest I read your comments and different views from your respective countries.

The Royal Family may be lost to the new generation but growing up with a mother who adored her and a father who served her in service - I have continuing respect for them.

Her devotion to duty was something we could all look at and say, "do you do your bit for society?"

Britain is becoming full of work-shy fat bastards, who depend on hand-outs and would rather sit on their arses doing fuck all!

If our country had half the work ethic the Queen did, we wouldn't be the shithole everyone wants to live in...

All I'm saying on the matter... hopefully we'll return to singing each other's praises on what fantastic models we make.

Chuffy

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Being a working-class British subject, it's with interest I read your comments and different views from your respective countries.

The Royal Family may be lost to the new generation but growing up with a mother who adored her and a father who served her in service - I have continuing respect for them.

Her devotion to duty was something we could all look at and say, "do you do your bit for society?"

Britain is becoming full of work-shy fat bastards, who depend on hand-outs and would rather sit on their arses doing fuck all!

If our country had half the work ethic the Queen did, we wouldn't be the shithole everyone wants to live in...

All I'm saying on the matter... hopefully we'll return to singing each other's praises on what fantastic models we make.

Chuffy
here hear

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013

Chuffy
As you are a British subject, you opinion weighs in a lot. Much respect. The Japanese used to say the same about Americans, when the leaders of our automobile manufacturers fell out of touch, and built horrible cars. Then the Japanese came to America, built factories, and found that American workers weren't the problem, it was the management. The Honda Accord and Civic as exported to Japan, as is the Gold Wing motorcycle, and many other vehicles from Japanese companies. Now BMW, Mercedes Benz, Kia, Hyndai, all the manufacturers build cars in America. The British have invented the "ARM Chip", the chip that powers every cell phone in the world.

Britain has the same problem as America, too many wealthy fat bastards that squeeze their wealth out of the sweat of the brow of the working man. A small single digit percentage that owns most of the profits of the land, and the land too. Billionaires and Millionaires that do not pay a penny in tax.

I do not buy the the British people are fat lazy slobs. Your "drinking the Kool-Aid", as we say in America. Your class structure is what keeps people in perpetual welfare, or poorer incomes. The middle class disappears, as fewer people gain more power and money, same crap that's happening in America. Only difference is once inn a while we get wise and vote the bastards out. The gap between the wealthy and poor still gets biger. These people can't make anything, they push pencils, and controls the books. They give themselves raises and power. The kill production. A wealthy man fears a strong middle class.

I know to many brilliant British people that would take the best jobs they could get. My faith is in the British people, not the monarchy and other elitist people who are allowed to own 400,000 acre estates. They should be taxed on them till they become public domain, and you guys can stretch your elbows. When I was in England I noticed that you could never really be alone, unless you went for a hike in the Moors, and it's impossible to live up there. The British people make England great, not old blood lineages. The queen fixed trucks during WWII. Great, it's awesome. In the modern era, things have changed for the U.K. big time. I think the U.K. will get through with flying colors. Quitting the E.U. was the smartest thing you guys could have done. You have a strong free trade with the U.S., and that will get even stronger, as out cultures and peoples share so much in common. :)

Reactions: Chuffy70

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Quitting the E.U. was the smartest thing you guys could have done. You have a strong free trade with the U.S.,:)
OH! Now I understand why no-one in the Star Wars action figure forums is complaining about import taxes. I was wondering why so many in the US order their figures from the UK to avoid or bypass Walmart. When we in Germany order something from the UK we are paying through the nose due to the Brexit despite of the fact that we are sitting right around the corner.:)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That's the problem with the E.U., they have a lot of taxes. Try ordering a paper model book, the shipping and taxes make it way to expensive, especially when the scan is free, online. If they knew the uniqueness of some of their products from the E.U., and made them competitive, so that people would want the original paper model book, with the parts printed on both sides, and each page having the proper paper for those parts, they could increase the flow of goods. The E.U. as a trading block can't compete with the U.S., the U.S. is truly one country. The E.U. competes with itself, within itself. The taxes between states are minor. Connecticut charges 6% for out of state orders, but most of the time, if the vendor does not include it separately in the price, it's because the price is included it, so you just pay shipping.

When I restored Mercedes Benz's, I was restoring my 1964 230SL. only 1600 of these cars were made world wide, only 400 were standard. Mine was a 4 speed standard. I needed rear quarters for the car. I went to Mercedes, they gave me the name of a company in Michigan. I ordered the parts, they were perfect, they had a label, "Original Teile" "Made in Germany", but they weren't, they were made in Sparta Michigan, authorized by Mercedes-Benz. They are still there, with hard to find trim and repair panels, or complete sections for vintage Mercedes-Benz parts.

Germany and France are the strongest links in the economy of the E.U.. And Mercedes is producing more and more cars in the U.S.. They will be all set when the new "Made in America" initiatives take place. Rivian and Mercedes are now co producing electric Vans in Germany. Mercedes will eventually phase out their van. Rivian makes all the electric vans for Amazon, which owns 18% of Rivian. Mercedes is a very smart company. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Marcel, with your knowledge, get yourself a 3D printer, and you can start selling these things in Germany and pay for the machine, and it will open a new world for you. I can't believe how low the prices have become. Just make sure you get one that prints in Nylon, very important for longevity, and you can make gears, which means you can make automata, clocks, you think of it, you can make it. ;)

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
OH! Now I understand why no-one in the Star Wars action figure forums is complaining about import taxes. I was wondering why so many in the US order their figures from the UK to avoid or bypass Walmart. When we in Germany order something from the UK we are paying through the nose due to the Brexit despite of the fact that we are sitting right around the corner.:)
I'd say they are sick of exclusives which, we in the UK get with no bother at all... "thank the maker!"

Yesterday I received my Stormtrooper 'Walmart exclusive I think?' without having to trapse to that specific outlet, well that would be hard in the first place!

tk1.JPG

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I have one, too. I was debating whether to get one or not because I already have enough Rogue One and Mando Stormies but caved in because ... well, because. ;) It's good to see the heavier cardstock returning, even though yours appears to be even so heavy that it is bending right around the corner (in Dali style)..! :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: Chuffy70

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
I have one, too. I was debating whether to get one or not because I already have enough Rogue One and Mando Stormies but caved in because ... well, because. ;) It's good to see the heavier cardstock returning, even though yours appears to be even so heavy that it is bending right around the corner (in Dali style)..! :biggrin:
Yes, it's the special Salvador Edition...only available through Zavvi - they do like to 'bend' your 'collectibles'