Bc 304 usaf daedalus

deadpoolclone

I consider stargate sg1 and atlantis to be my favorite sci fi series and this, good sir, is fantastic. The entire reason I found out about paper craft was because I thought I had seen a Daedalus model in a thumb nail whilst surfing the internet. (Turned out to be a thunderhawk, boy was I disappointed!) Once you finish the designs I would relish the opportunity to build it myself! And thanks rhaven for the link to jays!

Z

Zathros

I thought Stargate Atlantis was cut off way too soon. Don't even get me going on about Stargate Universe, that could have turned into an a all time classic!!

I like the way your model is coming out. It's really taking shape!

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
I thought Stargate Atlantis was cut off way too soon. Don't even get me going on about Stargate Universe, that could have turned into an a all time classic!!

I like the way your model is coming out. It's really taking shape!

I here that. so much was lost with the end of the franchise. And thanks I'm taking a bit of pride in this design. :mrgreen:

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
gribble update
gribblesmissledeck.jpg

gribbleslowerneck1.jpg

gribbleslowerneck2.jpg

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
now lets talk barrel style. at this scale this may not even be possible but lets try anyway. next chance i get ill do a test build on these.
pointdefence.jpg

pointdefence1.jpg

pointdefence2.jpg

Z

Zathros

The gribbles are going to make this model a must have for Star Gate fans and those who just have to have a cool spaceship! These kind of small parts can be made with drops of glue, so just design them. Building them will be figured out later. :)

Vortex_4200

The only thing I can say is..."dang" this is going to be an awsome model... once you release it I'm gonna have to build it, keep up the good work!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is looking better and better as each day goes by.
I would love to have this model hanging from the ceiling (in simulated flight) in my Study.

Z

Zathros

This is looking better and better as each day goes by.
I would love to have this model hanging from the ceiling (in simulated flight) in my Study.

You have a study!! My "Study is composed of a blanket thrown over my shoulders and a small table (1/2 of one actually)!! I do have a barn but as I have to walk 100 feet to get to it, and it takes forever to heat, I tend to only do big things. I have thought of making a private personal area on the second floor. It's sounding better and better!!

This Daedalus is going to be THE Stargate model to have. The gribbles (I thought it was greebles, God only knows what greebles are?), do so much with this model. It kind of surprised me, not your ability, just how they brought the model to life. :) :thumb:

Psyscape

At the risk of getting myself slapped around for being a pedant. You're right Zathros it is greeble.

A gribble is a worm or more accurately, any one of 56 species of a marine isopod.

A greeble (also nurnie) is extra detailing.

So, ordinarily detailing added to a model like this would be described as greebles or greebling, or adding nurnies.

Z

Zathros

Of course, in our SciFi worlds, a Gribble may be a distant cousin to a Tribble, which may or may not hate Klingons. :)

luciencarroll

Grand Poobah
oh sweet new word from now on they are nurnies. thanks for the correction at least i didn't make up a word :). OK nurnie update
so i made the rail guns maneuverable(might work)
railgun1.jpg

noseandneck1.jpg

noseandneck2.jpg

Z

Zathros

I had a bad case of nurnies once, tons on antibiotics healed me, but I looked great!!! Much more character and definition!! :)

Z

Zathros

The Daedalus you are making is, I believe, the first model of this ship. The detail you are adding is going to be built up from separate pieces, not just graphics, where possible? I think this is great, and maybe will compel some designers to do more with actual features, than this plateau of graphics, and imagination, that so many are stuck on.

I think there is a big group of Stargate fans out there that will really enjoy this. You will be pleasantly surprised, or at least have your suspicions confirmed, we are legion!! :)

Millenniumfalsehood

Here's another sci-fi modeling word: nerdgasm. As in, the last few pics have given me one. :eek: :cool:

I'm just dreading the thought of putting all those little details on the hull. Not that I couldn't or wouldn't, but it's a lot like how Tim Ketzer described building his 32" studio replica of the Millennium Falcon:

Tim Ketzer said:
I find there's always one "problem" when you build a model from scratch: When you first start it, it goes real fast. After a couple of days you already have something that looks like an unfinished Millennium Falcon. It's very rough, but since you've been working with big parts, you have an impressive model. Then, as you work along, the parts get smaller and smaller. You put more and more hours into the model but you don't really see as much progress. And weeks later, you still have an unfinished Millennium Falcon model. And months later: an unfinished Millennium Falcon model!

Z

Zathros

Some people put the graphic equivalent underneath. This serves the people who really want a "Hako" Daedalus, but also is kind of like built in instructions, you'd have to be an idiot, (no one specific, but they are out there), not to know where the part goes, if it's printed right on the model. :)

Millenniumfalsehood

Yeah, but you forget: I'm a sucker for punishment. :wink: Besides, it would look a lot better at the scale it's going to be printed at if all the detail were 3D instead of a texture.