Another on the list

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Hey guys
While im beavering away on so many other projects and trying to design/build this tie fighter variant ive got the 2001 Orion clipper by Gary Pilsworth - just wondered if anyone had built this and if theres any guides/advice on it? (ive got the UHU variant but im kind of building to that lol)
Cheers for now
Az:toast:

Reactions: mijob and Chuffy70

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Well I have just downloaded both, and you should be fine with the Pilsworth variant as It looks very straight forward.

Just carefully study all the parts and info stated on the sheets - from my previous experience of UHU kits, the Orion looks 'easier' than others, but believe you me, they are not EASY... Always open to messages if you need any help.

Reactions: seraphim and mijob

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Well I have just downloaded both, and you should be fine with the Pilsworth variant as It looks very straight forward.

Just carefully study all the parts and info stated on the sheets - from my previous experience of UHU kits, the Orion looks 'easier' than others, but believe you me, they are not EASY... Always open to messages if you need any help.
yeah ive got some of uhus work, one of the first kits i did here was Shunichi Makinos millennium falcon kit - awsome stuff and no not easy at all lol - i just wondered if anyone had done gary pilsworths version of the orion - i know its the more straight forward build but im always looking for guides or extra info if there arent much in the way of instructions. I hope to be able to do some of the other 2001 ships/kits out there :bulgeeye: but while im working on other things this is just a fog clearer lol. Cheers for the assist and i may take you up on the help at some stage lol :toast:

Reactions: mijob and Chuffy70

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
yeah ive got some of uhus work, one of the first kits i did here was Shunichi Makinos millennium falcon kit - awsome stuff and no not easy at all lol - i just wondered if anyone had done gary pilsworths version of the orion - i know its the more straight forward build but im always looking for guides or extra info if there arent much in the way of instructions. I hope to be able to do some of the other 2001 ships/kits out there :bulgeeye: but while im working on other things this is just a fog clearer lol. Cheers for the assist and i may take you up on the help at some stage lol :toast:
Well if you haven't started it it yet I'm happy to start a build/thread of the Pilsworth one so you can follow along?

• Love
Reactions: mijob and seraphim

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
Well the strange thing is, I was about to start the UHU one in a months time, so having a crack at the Pilsworth will get my oar wet so to speak.

Plus I like to help fellow model makers when I can, and if its of any use to @seraphim then I'll be happy.
the great thing about this forum - willingness to help and advise :cool: I am very tempted by UHUs version, i was reading through his build blog and the detail in his work is amazing.....full interior lol im lucky if i can cut out and build without plasters, sticking my fingers together and developing a drink problem :drinksmile: fun times we have!