Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liked the drawing, not the gag...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I think it would be better if it were hand drawn and colored, which would help the comic atmosphere (for lack of a better term).

I like the joke and the visual setup (I like the way you treated the mountains in the back, simple), but I think it would be beneficial if it were hand drawn. If you can draw like that on a computer, Im sure you can draw with a pencil.:thumb:

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Thank you Zedob, I was waiting for someone to say those kind words! :) I can draw significantly better in hand, rather than on the computer, you're exactly right. I wasn't satisfied with these computer-drawn ones anyway...What took 30 minutes on the computer (above) takes me about 5 minutes by hand, and looks MUCH MUCH better anyways. I need to hook up my scanner though, *sigh* :rolleyes:

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
MilesWestern said:
...What took 30 minutes on the computer (above) takes me about 5 minutes by hand, and looks MUCH MUCH better anyways. I need to hook up my scanner though, *sigh* :rolleyes:

Glad to help.

I was looking into buying a scanner today. I have an old HP that is on it's last leg and scanning images is at best a crap shoot. The new cheapie HP $99.00 special at the local Staples offers much better quality than the one I bought 6 years ago, for $110.00. I need to do it because it IS so much easier for me to sketch and scan :thumb:than try to beat it out on the computer.wall1

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I agree MIles, there's something much more personal with a hand-drawn sketch as opposed to a computer-generated one. The computer takes away that warm feeling. And you're right, a computer isn't always the fastest way to get something done, especially if it's one-of-a-kind original art.:D

C

Catt

I chuckled at the 'toon,and that sure looks like an ALCO RS of some sort to me.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
Thank you Dave Flinn.
smile.gif

and the winner of the Guess my loco contest goes to......
biggrin.gif

balloon6 cidchase!balloon6

You win the GRAND prize if you can guess what MODEL baldwin loco it is!

waiting for answers!

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
Thanks, Jeff that's very nice of you. :) :) :)

...but do we expect non-MRR's to know what M.U.-ing a couple of locomotives together is all about? ;) :D

cool!

I drew it from a photo of a Baldwin AS-616...of Oregon NW origin, I'd bet it's ex-sp! ;)

Thanks for chuckling everyone, it makes me feel good! :thumb: