Yard Scenes

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by Justin, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Not to hijack the thread but I've been told they trade equipment back and forth. I think it's just one more step until the next merger. BNSFNS
  2. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

BNSFNS? Now, Cannonball, I must ask. If BNSF and NS are planing to merge, how would they fit BNSFNS on car numbers? Last I checked, there was a maximum of 4 letters for a car number...:p
  3. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

How about B(NS)F ? :)
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

:D

They could always change their name to GTM- Giant Train Monopoly. :D
  5. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Then the Union Pacific would protest (how many railroads did they take again?):mrgreen:
  6. b28_82

b28_82 Member

I wish we did operations on that layout. We were in the process of setting up operations but they never finished before i left. They pretty much had a car card for every car including some of the member's cars but they still had to make the waybills and i think part of that was figuring out the industries. Also there was a joke going on as to what direction was east, west, north, or south. Kinda confusing if you can go through the same scene twice. I miss that layout.
  7. b28_82

b28_82 Member

I'd say the NS would be like the UP and it would just become the bland NS paint scheme.
  8. CNJ999

CNJ999 Member

Ok, here's one of a small, rural yard...

[​IMG]

CNJ999
  9. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Club layout shot...
    [​IMG]
  10. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

A busy day at the Smokey Point Yard.

Attached Files:

11. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Cool looking yards everyone!!

Freelancer, I love the flats with the scraper, dump truck and the pipes on them, those are really cool looking!!

Larry, that is one sweet shot of your yard!!! That looks so cool looking down the string of tankers

Chessie, thats one busy year and I like it, lots and lots of frieght being moved
  12. dckuk

dckuk New Member

Do storage yards count:

I was cleaning track when my son came in with the camera; I thought I'd get a couple of shots...

Dennis

Attached Files:

13. jesso

jesso Member

Color Country Model Railroad Club N Scale's module yard:

Attached Files:

14. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

The throat of the JGL's Blaksley Yard was busy when I snapped this photo. The yard serves a similar purpose on my layout as the New Havens Maybrook Yard. Many railroads meet here, several utilizing trackage rights, to interchange cars. Here, an Erie berk is entering the yard from left, while the JGL switcher is on its way to pick up a hack for the train the NYC Mikado on the ready track, center rear, is waiting for. From the right we see the nose of a NYC Pacific, waiting for the Erie freight to clear. Yes, there is also passenger service here. The Pacific takes turns with JGL power to run trains the three miles between Blaksley and the NYC interchange. Too bad I didn't notice the wire hanging from the ceiling before I took the shot!

Attached Files:

15. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

There aren't many angles I can get photos from without showing incomplete areas. This photo looks down the length of the yard cropped to get rid of as much unfinished area as possible. The pink and blue foan area will be the engine servicing facility. The main line is to the right, the two tracks next to it, ballasted the same, are in/out thru tracks. Then there are three stub tracks and a runaround track. The throat for the stub tracks is hidden here by the locos. To the left of the Mikado is where the turntable will be, constuction of the turntable may well start in January.

Attached Files:

16. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Two diesels...four tracks...

Attached Files:

17. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

slekjr, where is that photo from? So many questions...What road are thise units from? LV? #6731 looks like it ran off the end of its track, almost blocking the track in the foreground. I love Alcos, love the photo!
  18. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Great looking steamers Gary!
    Ralph
  19. lester perry

lester perry Guest

hope this comes through[​IMG]

ok it worked this time.ther is 3 locos in pic but you need to look for them. this is 12 of 14 tracks in very active yardon my layout (clifton forge va) during opereting sessions engineer in yard goes non stop and never gets caught up. he has not complained yet.
    Les
  20. dckuk

dckuk New Member

Protest hell; they'd scarf up CSX and we'd be left chasing regionals. I hate Armour Yellow...

Dennis