Yahoo sites

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
Has anybody had any experience with any of the yahoo train related sites on cordoba station, I think that was it.I thought it might be a source for research. Anyway I was wondering if it would be normal for it to take a week to be accepted !?? and why. the Gauge took me in even though I am a terrorist
wave.gif

thanks

Peter T Davis

Apr 14, 2004
New England
www.zealot.com
Can't say for sure, never having joined it, but it sounds like they may moderate new members and being a week later perhaps the moderator isn't very active in that group anymore. Or, perhaps spam filters got the emails, one way or the other.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
the group may be old and nobody might even use it anymore.... i made a group in that before and it died rather quickly, havn't opened it since a week after i made it...

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
Thanks for the info folks, this computer stuff has a long learning curve. I think the site is still active because when I applied there was a thing on the top saying there were 3 new members and a couple days later it changed to 4, but it wasn't me.All the, I guess you'd call them sub-sites , are Canadian railway and the only ones I've been able to find aside from CN.Sig.
thank again

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
Don't get me wrong I have no complaints about the Gauge, great buncha friendly helpful folks and I plan on stayin' till I get the boot, BUT I'm still lookin' for something with a little more Canukian content.
"cordovabaystation.ca" has 25 Canadian rail related sites, one being Atlantic Rails,It may be useless but "nothing ventured"

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Relic...

What sort of Great White Northern stuff you looking for? Coupla good sites include www.railwaybob.com (Bob is a member here, and his site details much of the Eastern Ontario railway history). In terms of Yahoo groups there's BruceRys which is a group for the current (and some historical) operations on the TG&B/Credit Valley/CPR/OBRY line through Orangeville, ON.

Andrew

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi Relic,
I'm a member of the Yahoo Penn Central modelers group. It took a few days to get word that I was an accepted member. That might be typical...(?)
Any way, as others have said, we're glad you're here.
Ralph