Which sound for a F-7A Unit?

Connor

Jan 25, 2005
I'm looking at putting sound into my Model Power Metal Train F-7A. I already have a Digitrax DH-123 DCC Decoder in it. (The train has the a Digitrax style harness already built in. Anyway, I'm looking at putting in sound.. Which sounds go with a F-7A (Sante Fe) and How would one go about hooking it up since this unit was already DCC ready?

Thanks, Connor

Alan B

Jul 13, 2004
If you don't have room for a second decoder, or just want to move the DH to another loco, I suggest a MRC sound decoder for the F7. It's a plug and play unit with an included speaker.

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
Alan B said:
If you don't have room for a second decoder, or just want to move the DH to another loco, I suggest a MRC sound decoder for the F7. It's a plug and play unit with an included speaker.

I would suggest not touching the MRC sound system, i doesnt sound anything like an F unit!

I would say if you want to keep the unit, change the decoder for a Soundtraxx one otherwise wait a little while until the BLI Fs come out!

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
We already have something superior to that in Europe from a company called ESU. Their decoder is vastly superior to the Digitrax/Soundtraxx series as it is far more advanced technology.

Website is http://www.loksound.com/. Go to the downloads option then select sounds and LokSound 3.5. Now tell me you cant find the right sounds for a specific loco!