where

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
Hey guys - yellowlynn is a pal who needed a boost getting his picture for you to see here at The Gauge. Other than the fact we're buds, there's no affiliation between our model railroads. So don't confuse what he's showing here today with the BonkyRail Lines! :D

As to the picture he's showing you - I'm stumped and have no idea where anything like that would have run. (like I would know)

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Looks to me like a chopped up Plymouth industrial switcher.Tyco used to offer one in there starter packs. I had one when I was a kid. it was painted for Burlington(red/silver)

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
I guess I may as well give up. The only one that knows me is immediately claiming no connection. That's OK Bonkyrail, your time will come. I don't get mad, I get even. SO THERE !!!!!!!!
Nyah!!!Nyah!!!Nyah!!!

Lynn

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Originally posted by yellowlynn
I guess I may as well give up. The only one that knows me is immediately claiming no connection. That's OK Bonkyrail, your time will come. I don't get mad, I get even. SO THERE !!!!!!!!
Nyah!!!Nyah!!!Nyah!!!

Lynn

Hey Bonkyrail, he really does know you. Fits right in too(he, he)...:p

Lynn, if you ever figure out where this thing came from, I want one... I'm a critter fanatic...:D

Tom

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
Originally posted by tomfassett

Hey Bonkyrail, he really does know you. Fits right in too(he, he)...:p

Lynn, if you ever figure out where this thing came from, I want one... I'm a critter fanatic...:D

I don't know if it was Plymouth, Dodge, or Chrysler, but it was one with only one axle drive, so it was no problem in shortening the wheelbase. Used a bandsaw to cut the body down, glued it together, and there it was. I had to weight it pretty good since only one set wheels were driving.

I've got 6-8 short or undersized cars, anbd it pulls them on at least a 3% grade.

I've got a couple Galloping Geese ready to go, but the front wheels give me fits. I need to cut it apart and weight the front more so it stays down and not derail

Lynn