Where did it go???

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I think...

we crapped out the server!:confused::D :D :D

I tried posting an "N"- NG (no good)- bummer!

NJ Dot- in "Disco" colors. An ex-Reading FP-7 (my favorite loco, railroad- the RDG that is, next to the GG-1 and several other hundreds tied for 1st place...)

Mark:D

Attachments

• njdot_fp-7_425lq.jpg
    njdot_fp-7_425lq.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 388

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Take two- they're small.

Coming and going.

My first encounter with a Reading FP-7 was when I was knee-high to my mommy. I was on the apron of thew Wissahickon Station in Philly. I turned to my left and this behemoth loco raced past me- seemingly inches away- I fell back against my mom's skirt, clutched her leg and practically pooped my pants (I was maybe 5). It was the "push-pull") heading into center city.

I am fond of that early memory- the pic above is close excepting the distance and colors. My first close shave.

Happy Mother's Day mom!

Mark:cool:

Attachments

• suffern_njdot_fp-7_423lq.jpg
    suffern_njdot_fp-7_423lq.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 384

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by DanRaitz
Shamus,

What happened to my thread "A to Z"?

Dan

I know what you mean Dan...
I had a thread in the N/Z forum where I was posting updates on My Poor Fork Mining layout, & apparently it's gone too...oh well...ce' la vie...$#@% computers! :( :rolleyes: :(

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
It's wierd, I had just posted a couple of updates this morning, & then started having all this trouble opening forums & posting...I must've killed it myself, by bringing back to the top again...?:confused:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Guys,
Not got a damn clue where this A to Z thread went to, nobody but myself or Dave Hagan can delete from Photography. I didn't do it and I am sure Dave didn't. So ???

shamus

Dave Hagan

Jul 23, 2001
Hi guys, we had to run a diagnostic tool to repair errors in the database. Unfortunately this tool deletes any thread that it deems corrupt, so we've lost a number of threads.

We're really sorry to lose some great threads but it was done only after all other avenues were explored.

Regards
Dave Hagan

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
No problem, Dave!
I kinda miss having that thread, but I do have all the pics on disc, & besides, the thing had been around for quite a while, & was taking up a lot of space that can now be used for new things.
It was a small price to pay for the good of the forum!

And it was "corrupt", you say...?
Gosh, don't tell my Mom!:D
Happy Mothers' Day, Mom!
And to all the Moms! :)

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
What's gone is gone!:(

At least we can continue from here if I remember correctly we were at 'O'. Heres a couple of 'P' shots. This first one is of the Prescott & Northwestern at Prescott, Arkansas.

Attachments

• p&n.jpg
    p&n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 281

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Here is my other 'P'. It is Pacififc Electric #717. This unit is currently living at the Orange Empire Railroad Museum in Perris, CA.

Attachments

• pe717.jpg
    pe717.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 277

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Here's my contribution to the letter 'R'.
It's the Roaring Camp & Big Trees RR in Felton, CA. Theres nothing like a narrowgauge SHAY:D

Attachments

• rc&bta.jpg
    rc&bta.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 132

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Ok, so we're going on 'A' to 'Z' on another thread! :) :) :)

Still for 'R': Here is one more nice electric narrow gauge oldie from Switzerland.

She belongs to the 'RhB', the Rhaetian Railways (Rhätische Bahn) - a widespread meter gauge net in the Eastern Alps of Switzerland (serving famous St. Moritz - yep, the town which hosted the 2003 ski world championships.)

This is a 'Ge 6/6' - 'G' means Narrow gauge, 'e' = electric, and '6/6' = six powered axles of six total. It's quite obvious why this loco is known as the 'Rhaetian Crocodile'. She's restored and used on railfan trains. Here she's pictured with a beautifully restored Salon car in CIWL colors.

Ron

Attachments

• rhb ge6-6 #415.jpg
    rhb ge6-6 #415.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 120