Where can I get white LEDs

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
Im installing ditch lights in my Bachmann Dash 8-40's and Im looking for a 3mm or smaller LED. Well I can't find them at Radio Shack or any computer store. Can anyone help me. Thanks
Nick

Nick8564

Sep 3, 2004
Can you tell me what the difference in the plain white and golden white? Just the intensity of the light, or is there a color difference too?

hd8091

May 20, 2004
I have had good luck with these guys on E-bay then send free resistors and are very prompt in shipping . I have ordered about five times from them and never had a problem
....http://stores.ebay.com/Chi-Wing-LED-product-shop

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
Nick8564 said:
Can you tell me what the difference in the plain white and golden white? Just the intensity of the light, or is there a color difference too?

Nick the golden whites look like incandescent lighting the rest of the white led's have a blueish cast to them some brands more other less.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Golden white would be the best way to go. I heard something about a true white LED that they are being reworked because they got so hot that they just melted themselfs. So I heard. I use 1.5v mini bulbs for all my lights and use Len'z over the opening as they give the light a prototype look rather than the bulb stuck in a hole look.

Bentron

Oct 28, 2005
Richmond Controls has several choices for golden and sunny white LEDs. He was one of the first to research these. They are a wealth of information, and very professional.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
KCS said:
Golden white would be the best way to go. I heard something about a true white LED that they are being reworked because they got so hot that they just melted themselfs. So I heard.

thats only if you have to much current going into it. they are probably trying to make it allow more current, because apperently there is no good resitor to put in there.