When simple things go bad....

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
ok

I must be a complete moron because the resin kit I am working on was going along so smoothly. The car itself is turning out great.

however, the crated load for the car looks like a bunch of drunken beavers put it together. I am going to have to do some serious tweaking to get it to look right for the July contest now.

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
I think i am too ashamed to post a before photo of the mess I made of the crate i plan to make into "The Box"

I will be posting photos of the final product in the photo contest this month once it gets going. Gotta get some parts for the car though like some Kadee Andrews trucks and some #58's for it

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Ah what the heck. aafter all you guys never have torn into me yet for a bad job on a model Imay as well share my screw ups with you too. :D

First off some pics of the car that will be hauling "The Box"

Side View

Attachments

• IM000548.jpg
    IM000548.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 92

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
Well the box definitely has a date with my dremel tool later. Right now I decided to go ahead and begin the painting of the car while I try and decipher the undercarriage details for it.

The instructions for this thing are text only with some really fuzzy black and white images of the completed car so i am sorta working blind here.

Great looking kit, but the instructions are terrible.

I will probably forgo the brake details and just worry about the grab irons and steps.

The crate should actually be pretty simple to fix, just have to trim the overhang carefully and then paint and weather it.