What's your era

CN1

May 6, 2003
Because I model "free lance" and I don't follow a specific time and place, I gave myself the option to use my favorite locomotives on my layout.

I' m in love with "vintage" Diesel. That is, the locomotives that came out in the 1940's, 50's and mid 60's.

To me, they represent the finest locomotives as far as Style, Elegance, Aura and Design.

Truly American Classic:D

I have the following on my roster:

tr_emd103.jpg

tr_cn6758.jpg

tr_cn6702.jpg

soon to joined the "familly":

pc8279ags.jpg

tr_pc9980.jpg

They may not have been used by my RR, but they will be included on my layout:D

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi CN1, those are my kind of diesel,,, how did you get the pics so big without a thrashing from the admin:D :D :D :D well done;)

As for my era,,,, Trying for 1950 as the limit anything before,,, that had a Pantagraph or Trolly pole stuck on the top will be scatched built or,, if the bank alows and the opportunity arrives
i will spend a bit.:D
Here are a few pictures that will show you what we try and recreate. Butt Anaconda & Pacific

Attachments

• bap09.jpg
    bap09.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 179

CN1

May 6, 2003
Nice pictures guys!

BTW, how do you shrink the pictures when posting?

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
They sure were beauties back then!

Chris, did you ever see the old article called "My Favorite Interurban" or something like that? About the traction that ran in Iowa, De Moins and other areas? That last shot reminded me of it. Yeller they were.

BTW: Still no size restrictions if you use the IMG button to link to a photo elsewhere on the net (i.e. someplace else where you upload, your own site or a buddies, etc.).

CN1, there is a how-to in the adding images section linked at the top of the page. It describes how to resize images with free software. You may already have some sort of photo editing software that allows resizing. I use The Gimp, which is available for Linux and Windows, is free and offers all the features of high end professional imaging software.

IAIS 604

Aug 31, 2003
Visit site
As the older forum folk might remember

(I'm new, but I'm old!),

I model the Rock Island Line as a regional in the Quad Cities area of Iowa/Illinois in 1996.

The Rock never folded, just shank down to the area covered by the then IMRL (now ICE) and Iowa Interstate regional roads.

I use the real RI's roster of 1980 (which works good for a 1996 era regional road), and both RI and other rolling stock to meet the mission of the IMRL and IAIS in this area in that year.

IAIS 604

Aug 31, 2003
Visit site
Not yet - the layout is still under construction after my move from Bettendorf to Davenport.

Will post some when it's "presentable".