What was the first post here in the Gauge?

C

Catt

I don't know what the first post was,but that wasn't it.I had joined 3 days before that post was made. :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I came along not too long after that post...I don't remember anyone poating as "The Gauge"...was that maybe Dave, our original Admin?

ezdays said:
... Apparently there are some missing posts ... The Gauge had crashed about a year and a half ago, who knows what was lost when it came back up.

Yeah...I started a thread to track the construction of my N scale layout I was building...It had grown to 20+ pages long, & it disappeared after "the crash"! :cry:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
The earliest post I can find was from Dave Hagan announcing the opening of the General Talk forum. This was on Dec 17. There are lots of posts on that date, but I can't find any that are earlier.

This thread is:

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=5

I can't believe that Dave would not have started off with a "Welcome to the Gauge" post, but note that this is post #5. Posts 1-4 are missing, so this has to be the earliest post that can still be read. :D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Drew1125 said:
Hmmm...well, that clears that up..."The Gauge" was Dave Hagan!
Yup, that it was. If you check the member's list you will see that he didn't enroll under his own name until the following July. He posted very little under "the Gauge" screen name, either that or most of those earllier posts disappeared.:confused: :confused:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Peter T Davis said:
Interesting reading. Anyone know whatever happened to Dave? I haven't 'seen' him around since he sold the place.
Dunno, maybe he disappeared along with those other posts during the great crash of '04 :D :D :D :D

Maybe Mikey has kept in touch.