what do i do?

flare_951

Aug 1, 2005
SB, MN
hi,
i know its been ahwile but i got a bunch of flex trak by atlas and a whole bunch of cork roadbed and my "train table" is set up but i dont know where to start!!!!!!!!!!

i need ideas to do something with it or ill go mad!!!!

as of now i have cars an engine and lots of space, so any thing to do would be appreiciated.

thanks for any and all replys,
flare

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
If you have a track plan try laying the track only, and loose, to the plan to see if its going to work. You can use those plastic capped thumbtacks to hold the track in place.This way, you'll catch the trouble spots before they crop up. If it works,what I do is trace around the track.This will aid in laying your cork road bed.
This should get you started.

flare_951

Aug 1, 2005
SB, MN
i have a track plan sort of... i took your advice and started learning to use cork with the table and lay some track. i cant uplaod any pics cause there too big(3.51MB). im gonna start my control panel soon... whats wheathering??????

i hope that helps u help me,
flare_951

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
flare: weathering is making the trains or buildings or whatever look as if it's been out in the real world, not in the dealer's showroom. We have a bunch of threads somewhere around here showing what's been done. It starts with little bits of dust and dirt, oil stains, smoke and exhaust, and goes on to broken boards, unpainted wood, missing shingles...
Trick is to stop before the viewer says "how does anything that dilapidated still hold together?"

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
David that just about sums it up, flare you can start by rusting your rails.

Rails sure are rusty except for the tops ;-). Oh, this is actually counter to trying to keep your track clean so the electicity can get to the engine.

You rust the sides (inside and outside of the rails).

I haven't messed up any of my cars or locos yet. My wife keeps asking when I'm going to put the grafetti on the rolling stock and why aren't your engines a blackened rusty mess yet.

Well I have functioning car washers unlike the real railroads ;-).

But I do have rusty rails.