WEEEE Doggies! Looky Here!

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by brakie, Mar 29, 2007.

1. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

Shatner:we...must..go on..we..cannot...stop..hear...i will...get...that engine!
  2. railohio

railohio Active Member

Knowing nothing previously about the series, it appears I'd relate the most to Bones.
  3. 91rioja

91rioja Member

She rolled through my area very early this AM on her way to The Masters in Augusta, Ga. It is a shame I missed her. What a lovely sight!
  4. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

Does anyone know why they chose an F9 A unit and F7 B units?
  5. 91rioja

91rioja Member

The NS Discussion board over at railfan.net has more news concerning the new NS power. You should go an check it out.
  6. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I suspect that the NS picked engines they had for restoration, and they probably picked the two best units for the project. The F-9A is probably at least 55 years old and the F-7B is probably over 60 years old. Most people would not notice if both were F-7s or F-9s, and for railfans, the railroads used to mix and match the A & B units regularly when these units were in regular service.
  7. 91rioja

91rioja Member

I've also heard the rumormill grinding about another local North Carolina railroad getting their hands on a few F units as well; The Aberdeen Carolina and Western. I'll have to check it out on my next trip to Pinehurst.
  8. JR&Son

JR&Son Member

I saw the NC engines on a siding in Aberdeen about 45 days ago. Have tried numerous times to get Aberdeen and Western to contact me but have had little luck. What I saw was from about 100 yards away. Appeared to be in Red Primer. They were on there way to the Engine shop @ Star NC, off Hwy 220 aka I-73 well South of Greensboro. Good luck with getting anyone to contact you.

JR&SON
  9. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Actualy Herc, I've never seen a full episode of Star Trek in my life. tooth1 sign1 hamr :p
  10. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Oh you don't know what you're missing CNWman...cheezy sets, really fake special effects, and almost laughable dialogue. Yet the old Star Trek series from the sixties was a classic.
  11. JR&Son

JR&Son Member

12. McFortner

McFortner Member

Thank Heaven above that they painted it the Tuxedo scheme. Now if NS would only paint the rest of their engines like that....

I wonder if they will ever head south of Atlanta to Macon? They would have to pass through Stockbridge and come Heck and high water I would be there to take pictures of them.

Michael
  13. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

If they ever want to take the business train South, they would probably come through. When we have a big event like the Superbowl held in So Cal, or like the Republican National Convention a few years ago in San Diego, the BNSF & UP had business trains down here. I don't know what would happen in Macon to bring the business train there, but is Macon on the route to Orlando or other possible Florida destinations? Does the NS send a business train to Daytona during the speed weeks and Daytona 500?
  14. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

Heres SAM shortlines that run thru Americus, Plains and so forth being pulled by Heart Of GA railway.
    http://www.samshortline.com/net/content/page.aspx?s=1156.0.3.1144
    Check out their excursions that run daily:thumb:

Edit: the prices are dirt cheap too!!!
    INDIVIDUALS
    Coach Class - Seats are not assigned.

Adults - $22.99*
    Seniors (62+) - $19.99*
    Children(3-12) - $12.99*
    Veterans OR Military active and retired- $19.99* NEW RATE