Way off topic...but...

justind

Jul 8, 2001
Provo, UT, USA
I know this is coming out of left field so to speak, but being a reader/writer on many different forums I have noticed something about "the-gauge" and that is the type of people that submit here. The forum feels open and incredibly friendly. Also, people seem to be very understanding and forgiving of other's views and feelings, and don't become offended when people voice an opinion. Isn't that what the forums are all about? (;) Maybe I just haven't been around the-gauge long enough for everyone to show me their mean sides). Realize this has nothing what-so-ever to do with railroading so I will step off my soap box now...

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Hmmmm...

Ya know, I think it's the blue color scheme: very relaxing.

But you did make a very interesting point... I've seen other boards, too, where there is generally a great deal of hostility. I guess we just have our priorities straight: (1) trains, (2) everything else!

-Rory

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
You know, everyone has their different level of ideas, affordability, available time, dedication, equipment, confidence, maturity, skill, space, age, and other needs and interests etc. Fancy getting into a fight over a train set!! How childish.:rolleyes: