Warhammer 40K

Discussion in 'WarHammer40k' started by Dented Rick, Apr 17, 2012.

1. blueyeppoon

blueyeppoon Member

Fantastic job. I'll be starting this one soon myself so I'll follow this with much intrtest
    Mike
  2. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Warhammer 40K - Locomotive

Locomotive is complete, will start the other cars later. (And yes, i have a new cutting mat)

Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 21.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 23.jpg
    Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 24.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 25.jpg
  3. Famous Dave

Famous Dave Member

Holy Cow! The detailing is amazing! I like it alot. Thanks for sharing.

Dave
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

These trains are so cool. They remind of of the German and Polish ones in WWI and WWII. The only problem with these tanks is that guys on horses, towing artillery and a couple of tanks, can knock them out of commission, as well as a well placed bomb on the track itself. The photo of the destroyed German armored train, was taken out by artillery and light tanks. They worked best against civilians and unarmed cities and the like. They also worked really well in dispersing flak, especially the ones built on purpose built tracks defending certain essential factories. An 88 mm Flak train would ruin anyone's day.

Your model is fantastic. I really think they are cool looking. Do the wheels turn? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

unfortunately the wheels on this one do not turn, it is a static model, but while building it, I saw how i could easily change it to rolling wheels, and plan on it if I build a textured one.
  6. periklis_sale

periklis_sale New Member

they look great mate
    great effort!!!
    will you been painting them at the end?
  7. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

No, but i will eventually be rebuilding them with color and textures
  8. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This is turning out to be an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL piece of machinery.
  9. periklis_sale

periklis_sale New Member

its getting better and better!!!!
  10. Patron_zero

Patron_zero Member

This is very cool, I've often wonder why in 40K there haven't been more non-conventional applications of dreadnoughts such as a quad-walker chassis or similar to the rail-variant, a Predator equipped with a 'torso' in lieu of a standard turret.

[​IMG]
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Great work Dented Rick. That is way cool. I think i ike these models best out of all the 40K models! :)
  12. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Warhammer 40K - GunWagen

Here's the Gunwagon (Part 2 of the Armored train build) Part three is going to be a custom build......but for now, enjoy :)

Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 29.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 30.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 31.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 32.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 34.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 35.jpg
  13. Rhaven Blaack

I am certain that this has been asked before (and if so, yes I know, I am thick at times), What scale is the train model and could it be used on a regular model train layout (like HO, N, or any other gauge)?
  14. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

I don't know what the original scale of the pdf is, but I print 4 pages per sheet on 8.5" X 11" cardstock. Nearest scale i can figure out is between 1/64th and 1/80th But I could be way off, not too sure.

As far as a train set, it looks really close to ho scale. Id have to get a section and see if it fits
  15. Rhaven Blaack

If it can be used on a regular train layout, it would make for a very interesting set-up. You would have to change the cuopling system to make it work though.
    (I just hope that all of the train guys that are here do not get too bend out of shape for me saying that. sign1)
  16. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Wouldn't want to "de-rail" their hobby ;)
  17. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Warhammer 40K - GunWagen

Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 37.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 38.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 41.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 42.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 43.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 44.jpg
  18. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Warhammer 40K - GunWagen

Gunwagon finished, and it's starting to actually look like a train. Im going to reprint and kitbash the gunwagon to build a flatcar for hauling.....give them something to protect (so to speak) but for now im gonna take a break, a buddy wants a Thunderhawk, and i just looked at the parts, it's gonna take awhile, lol.....anyway, enjoy the Armor train for now, see ya in a few :)

Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 24.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 45.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 46.jpg Warhammer 40K - Locomotive-GunWagen SSE 47.jpg
  19. Rhaven Blaack

As always, you have done an OUSTANDING job on this train. Everything looks so clean and straight.

I always enjoy viewing your build threads.

Are you going to post the build of the Thunderhawk as well?
  20. Dented Rick

Dented Rick Human

Of course. I might even do another dual build.....regular and 25%. still thinking

But yeah,. im going to post the Thunderhawk build pics :)