waiting their turn

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by cn nutbar, Jul 30, 2006.

1. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hello all---as much as i love steam,it is only a matter of time before these growlers started taking over---so take lots of pictures of those steam engines while you can

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. brakie

brakie Active Member

Great looking engines! :thumb: Thanks for sharing!:D
  3. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

The real reason for all these photos of diesels is that most of Mister Nutbar's steam locos are in service on my own Grand Valley.:thumb: If I can wrap-up some other projects, perhaps I can get them all repainted into the Grand Valley's colours before he comes here for another visit.:D :D
    Nice photos cn nb: I recognize a few customers there that have been through my shops for one thing or another.

Wayne
  4. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Beautiful engines. I like this CN paint scheme. I see hard times coming for your steam engines :D .
  5. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

cn nutbar, you really have some NICE engines:thumb: GREAT paint on them, and well detailed:thumb:, and I'm NOT even into CN;)tooth1. BTW, i REALLY like your CFA:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano
  6. Relic

Relic Member

tou guys (you 'n' Wayne) blow my mind every time !Gives me something to aspire to.
  7. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Ahhh! We need to stop the clock circa 1958 - last days of steam in southern Ontario! ('Course, Ian Wilson sorta did that with his Steam... books ;))

Nice work guys! :thumb: :thumb:

Andrew
  8. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Very nice shots and some great looking engines.
  9. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hello all---thanks for your feedback---it's always appreciated.hey andrew,one of the advantages of model railroading is you can stop time so my layout will always be in the late 50's,lots of steam and first generation diesels---no wonder people refer to this period as the golden age of railroading.dean ,you had a comment in one of your recent threads regarding doing research and reading all kinds of train related materials---i think i have at least 130 hardcover train books which give all kinds of inspiration,and yes ian wilson is one of my favourite authors---i have all his volumes---thanks again,happy railroading---nutbar
  10. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Nice set of locos you got there!:thumb: :thumb:

BTW how many do you have.....?:D
  11. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hi tom---never enough---but my wife keeps a check (and the cheque-book) on my obsessive -compulsive disorder
  12. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hello---a couple of general motors products---f3 9003 and geep 4822

[​IMG]
  13. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

NICE F3 & geep nutbar!!:thumb: i always drool over the detail you put into your engines:thumb: :D . THANKS!:D -Deano
  14. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Mighty fine roster shots! I'm with Deano on the admiration of your detailed locos!
    Ralph
  15. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

thanks ralph and dean but i can't take any credit for the detail work---9003 is part of an a-b-a set of stewart diesels that doctor wayne custom painted and detailed for me---all 3 units are powered and they pull as good as they look.here's a picture of all three---9003/b-unit 9004/and 9000

[​IMG]

as for 4822 it's a p2k unit factory painted with a cn bell and marker flags added on---one of these days i'll get the doc to add a bit of weathering to the trucks and i'm sure it will look even better
  16. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

Wwwooooooowww ... that's purdy. Perhaps ballast is in order? :)

I'm only 27 (nearly 28) years old so I have no memories of the F units running, but for some reason they just look so right leading a train. In almost any configuration, A, A-B, A-A, A-B-A, and the ground pounding A-B-B-A (Abba!), they just look so proper. I have an HO A-B-B-A set of Santa Fe frieght F7s, all powered. It seems somehow unfortunate that one of them was capable of pulling every piece of rolling stock I owned - need a bigger layout!
  17. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Boy those diesels look great!!!

I think for all of us who've bought more diesels than they have space to run them we ought to get a small card that we can pass out to hobby store owners that reads: Please direct me to the nearest train engine counter. I have ADD - Acquiring Diesels Disorder - and need to make a new diesel purchase. Thank you for help.
  18. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

sign1 FANTASTIC IDEA HERC!!!:thumb: :D I'll take a box of 1000!;) tooth1 . :D -Deano
  19. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

hello all---a pair of f7's have their work cut out for them as they prepare to tackle the stiff grade ahead

[​IMG]
  20. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

NICE F units nutbar!!!:thumb: :thumb: :D -Deano