Vindicator Rifle - Help needed

Norton

Jan 21, 2012
Lingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Hi Folks,

I recently finished the M8 Avenger Paper Rifle from Mass Effect and found it to be an awesome model.

I'd pretty much like to build other rifles and pistols from the Mass Effect Games as well, but next to the N7 Eagle Model, the others that are available are just plain unfolded models from game file extractions.
Simply not suited to be built.

Thunderchild helped me by extracting the files for the Vindicator, unfortunately I am not able to build a design out of it. Just lacking the artistic skills.

Is anyone here that can help me with it? Or who can provide proven builds of other Mass Effect Guns?

I am very enthusiastic about building that arsenal, but designing and unfolding the stuff seems like an olympic task to me.

:confused:

Norton

Jan 21, 2012
Lingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Oops....sorry for the late reply, my email account forgot to remind me somehow.

I am still trying to come to terms with Blender (the Open Source thingy)

So far no luck....can import the game files you kindly gave to me but let alone the gridding fails to get anywhere near being usable. :(

Z

Zathros

Norton, modeling is a very difficult thing to do. So are game rips. Problem with game rips is that you are going to end up with real crappy games unless ou do a lot of work. Especiallin the graphics department. suggest you learn, teach yourself something simple, how to texture it, and do all thee things you wish to do. I know how to do certain things. People have asked me but sometimes, I am not saying this is the case, but it turns into, "Hey, can you learn for me?, or "Hey, can you build this for me?.

Make something showing you know that basics, prove, or show what level you are at and then you can get the help you need. :)

ThunderChild

Yep, mr Z said it, I know the feeling of frustration you feel, knowing what you want to do with the model in your 3D program but not knowing how to do it.
Patience and perseverance is the key.
Trying to modify a game model is a huge task, and if you don't know your software, you will get frustrated and angry very quickly.

It's better to start with something easy and simple, follow some tutorials and get to know your program.
Don't allow yourself to become disheartened. Eventually, you will reach the stage where you can take on the models you want to work on. Even create your own from scratch.
The thing is, it's all too easy to be intimidated by a 3d program. But in reality all it is is a bunch of smaller programs rolled into one. Take it one part at a time and you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Z

Zathros

You have so many completed models, I think it is just a matter of time. Thank of your prior projects and divide them into the primitives needed for your new model, as far as texturing and shaping goes. :)