Views of Streetcars around Toronto . Operated by T T C.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
If you love the urban scene, past and present , and have pictures to contribute concerning passenger operation using electric power with ----Brill , Peter Witt. PCC, ALRV, CLRV, (types of streetcars).
Or Trolly busses even Subway
Please add to this thread.

Getting around Toronto via the T.T.C.

Attachments

• ttclogo.jpg
    ttclogo.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 93
  • bvt01.jpg
    bvt01.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 88
  • bvt02.jpg
    bvt02.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 81
  • bvt03.jpg
    bvt03.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 83
  • bvt05.jpg
    bvt05.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 80

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Chris: wonderful nostalgia trips. Of all those routes to the Ex, only the Bathurst one could be approximated today; even the loop at Vaughan and St Clair is gone. And as of last week even the Eastern entrance is unusable because of broken rail on Fleet St!
Birchmount loop was gone before we moved to Toronto and I don't know if the Townsley loop track all existed at that time (1959).
And I remember when the last cars ran to the Docks.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Visit site
Val: you snuck in and posted while I was writing!
first pic is an ex- Cincinatti all-electric car; can't read the signs.
second is an ex-Cleveland exx-Louisville car; Northland loop was on Weston Road some distance north of St Clair -- about at Rogers Rd?
third is an MUed pair of the same westbound on Bloor or Danforth. I can't identify the location, but the big black block in the background may help.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Visit site
I'll leave a couple for everyone else.
First is a CLRV westbound on Queen at University; Old City Hall tower in the background.
2 - pair of A12s MUed on Danforth line. I think they're east of Yonge street, between Church and Parliament. I think they're A12s (Louisville) because of the small dash lights.
3 - A7 on Queen. is that approaching Russell carhouse?
4 - ALRV . Not In? is that near the cricket pitch?
5 - I've seen that shot before. A9, ex-Cincinnatti all-electric. 4572? Spotting features: small dash light, split windows along the side (no-draft sash? is that it?) extra wide roff cowling for double trolley poles (lets see you do that with pantographs, Chris!) Looks like Mount Pleasant, but could be the stretch of St Clair west of Avenue Road.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Okay, I'll take a stab at it (better late than never, hmm?)

1. Queen St. W. just west of Old City Hall, looking east. A CLRV. :)
2. I don't recognize this area at all so I'm going to guess east end, maybe Kingston Rd? PCC
3. Queen St. E. looking east, near Coxwell PCC
4. Looks like Gerrard St. Not sure. Double CLRV
5. St. Clair Ave - must be east of Yonge judging by the road and houses. PCC

Yeah, my PCC designations are pretty lame I know. I like them all!!!!

Val