Video Clips

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by lassenlogger, Mar 8, 2004.

1. lassenlogger

lassenlogger Member

For those that may be interested, I've posted 3 video clips of steam logging during the 1920. They are posted on TrainOrders.com's web site.

Although this is a fee site, for right now non-members can view the clips. TO's link is: http://www.trainorders.com/

After the main page loads scoll down the page, looking for "Audio/Video Sharing Area" link, click on it. After that page loads select the steam logging links. They are titled; "Rail Landing - McGiffert," "FGS Log Train" or "Clyde Tracklayer."

The Mpeg files are large, so a cable or DSL modem is needed.

Jimmy "B"
    Reno, NV
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great stuff Jimmy! Thanks for sharing that with us!

For those on dialup, you might try downloading them to disk, then opening them after they are on your hard drive. They are around 5 or 6 MB each, and well worth the wait!
  3. lassenlogger

lassenlogger Member

Two More Clips Added

For those that are interested, I've uploaded two more clips to the TO site mentioned in the first posting to this thread.

The first clip from the mid 1920s features a rail landing that shows the action of Cat 60s skidding logs to the landing.

The second clip from the late 1940s features a truck-rail reload with a McGiffert Jammer loading logs and all the action associated with this endeavor.

Jimmy "B"
    Reno, NV
  4. camelot

camelot Member

Thanks for those clips Jimmy , i downloaded them all and love them all , i recomend downloading these to anyone whoes interested in logging action.

Please let us know if you upload any more :D

Cheers

Ian
  5. lassenlogger

lassenlogger Member

jon-monon and camelot,

Thanks, I've been told by the TO owner, that he will keep the "Audio/Video" sharing area open to outsiders until summer. Can I post other clips that will help folks understand lumbering?

Like log dumps, jack slips, log cut-off saws, log decks, head saws and such?

Jimmy "B"
    Reno, NV
  6. camelot

camelot Member

HELL YEAH !! :D

i for one would like to see all you have and will download any movies that you kindly upload.I would especially like to see the log dumps.

Cheers

Ian
  7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I'll second that, Jimmy! I somehow missed your response. Love to see more! :cry: :cry: :cry: That's drool, not tears :D :D :D