vacation's over

John Sneed

Nov 15, 2001
Columbia, Mo
Visit site
I've returned from my trip a few weeks ago and want to thank Gary for his hospitality and his kindness in showing me his layout and answering the questions of a not very bright modeler.He has a really nice layout that shows he knows what he is talking about when he ofters advice or comments.Thanks Gary. The visit to Northlanderz was a most interesting viewing of a model builder art that I have ever seen live.Took lots of pictures to see if they can help me in my quest. My sons apartment view of the Washington trains and subway also gave me some good shots of things I don't see here in Mo.Like trains being pushed full speed backwards though the city. 14 firetrucks at a apartment fire across the steet from you at 2 am. The sad part is I missed a chance to see a couple of other people that would have been happy to show me their layout as Gary was.Maybe next time if there is a next time. This the finest forum on the net for people willing to help,and opening doors to their hobby and their homes to strangers, I thank all of you. John

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
John, Thanks for the kind comments. I was afraid after you left that all I had done was chew your ear off and not given you a chance to ask questions. It would have taken much longer than we had to explain the hows and whys for the things I've done, and that doesn't allow time for running trains other than in circles as I did. If you enjoyed the visit, I am glad. I think I need work in presenting myself and the layout to strangers. If you are ever up here again, please don't hesitate to call.

Gary

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Gary, if you come up with a list of tips, perhaps you could post it. I think we could all benefit from your comments.

Certainly would be different for me showing my small lil' layout to anyone here, as opposed to my wife and/or various non-modeler friends that pop by just to see how it's coming along.