With my recent experience with the Blue/Helena builds, it seems to work better for me when I have two builds going rather than just one, so I dusted off the GPM USS Iowa kit I managed to score from Ted during his recent Ebay insanity. For some reason, I just can't bring myself to build a kit "straight from the box," so am doing some heavy-duty computer work on the scan in preparation for the build. The original GPM kit is 1:300 scale, full hull. I'm coverting to 1:250 so it will fit in with the Helena and Blue, which are now proudly sitting on the top of my credenza in my cube at the office. In light that there are some 18 pages of scans, with lots of little bitty parts, I decided not to do a redraw. However, the print quality of the kit leaves a lot to be desired (it is an older one, GPM #61) with lots of blemishes and color registration problems, so still have a couple of weeks of computer work ahead of me. The kit is on A4 paper. I scanned with a 300 dpi resolution. The rescaling part is dead easy....I made myself a bunch of legal-size pages at 1:250 resolution, and am just cutting and pasting from the scan to the new pages. The parts fit on the legal-size paper is just perfect....even the largest of the kit parts fit on the page after rescaling without having to be chopped up into subsections. There is some juggling around needed, since the page width of the upscaled A4 is considerably wider than legal paper. As there is no actual drawing going on, I am doing the entire task in Photoshop 7. I am trying to pretty the parts up by healing the boo-boos (color voids and blemishes) using the retouching tool (the icon that looks like a little band-aid) in the centers of the colored regions, and copy-and-pasting near the edges of the color regions. For some reason, the retouch tool goes a bit berzerk when used too close to an edge, and smudges rather than heals. I'm also using the 'copy-and-paste" method to fill in the white spaces left by the color registration errors. It's easy enough, but time consuming as all hell. The final product makes it worth it to me, though. Gives me time to decide on whether to make it full-hull, or waterline so it fits in with the other two models. Thanks to Lief's threads, I was able to correct the color shifts introduced by the scanner. No pics at this point....this post is just marking my territory (and, with a thread started, may help keep my feet to the fire to actually finish another project, though not as quickly as the others).