Using Train Engineer on a Annie 4-6-0 ?

Eugene157

Jan 30, 2007
I am planning to build a G scale garden train using battery operation to avoid rail contact problems. The engine to be modified is a Bachmann Annie, 4-6-0. Has annyone tried using it with the Aristocraft TE system.
I will try to keep the rails powered up so that the onboard battery can be charged, at least partially.
Got a lot of info on the TE using google but nothing specific for the Annie. Still looking for a exploded view diagram for that model.

Thanks

Eugene

PS Had a lot of grief with a DCC N scale system, spend most of the time cleaning tracks. So hopefully no more

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Eugene,

I would again refer you to the ovgrs.org website. If they do not have the specific info you need, don't hesitate to contact them. Great bunch of guys.

Andrew

Eugene157

Jan 30, 2007
I did Andrew, after you mentioned the site in my previous post. There was an article describing exactly what I had in mind. Lots op pictures.
And lots of other info too.

Got through to Bachman by calling their international number. Asked for wiring diagrams and exploded view and was promised both, free of charge.

Gene

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Now this is something I hadn't thought about before.... A battery powered outdoor layout. Take an old plastic Lionel and convert it to battery power... less suseptable to weather hazzards and shorts in the track.... less time cleaning track..... Might be interesting....