Update on my bridge scene....

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Hello everyone, just thought i would post a couple of update pictures of my bridge and river scene as it is so far. As you can see, i have some of the rock castings colored and some textureed ground cover added in some spots. I also went down to my local river and got some river sand to add to my river bottom. I still have a good way to go as far as detailing, but its getting there. As always, all comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
steve:wave:

Attachments

• br1.JPG
    br1.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 273
  • br2.JPG
    br2.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 274
  • bridge3.JPG
    bridge3.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 275

jr switch

Oct 11, 2006
northern Indiana
Shows what an accomplished modeler can do with a little help from his friends. I love it because you ended up with exactly what you wanted, a very realistic looking river with a turn under a bridge in the foreground! With trees and underbrush along the banks and good coverage where the river meets the backdrop, I think this will be one of the focal points of your layout. Good job! John R

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Well, heres a couple more showing my first layer of water as well as some old trees that fell. :wave:

Attachments

• water1.JPG
    water1.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 228
  • water2.JPG
    water2.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 223
  • water3.JPG
    water3.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 215

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
awesome,, I have been following your project since your first post on the bridge,,, you should be charging a learning fee,,,it is looking great and im sure I will be going back to it a lot for ideals along the way,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,,, st

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Those river rocks/sand look great and the water is lookin good. For my rivers, I got some of the sand from my neighbors brickwall project. There was some left over when the wall was finished and it is perfect for river bottoms. I sifted it and now I have very fine sand and river rocks.

kirkendale

May 24, 2004
Steve, looks great. I think you will have a great scene when all is done because you have a great one now. I like the old trees. looking forward to seeing more...
:thumb: kj

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
Thanks everyone for the compliments, i really appreciate them. Oldtanker, i would be more than happy to lend a hand any way i can. Glen, im useing WS Real water in a bottle, and yes, i am useing tape, but it didnt hold very well as you can tell by the little streaks running down my fascia.:eek:ops: Anyways, thanks once again and ill add some more pictures as i go.
steve:wave: